Query regarding TakeProfit in cTrader platform

Created at 06 Feb 2018, 09:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TR

trend_meanreversion

Joined 31.07.2014

Query regarding TakeProfit in cTrader platform
06 Feb 2018, 09:59

Hi Spotware team,

Is it possible that cTrader will close a trade with loss despite of hitting take profit price ? One of my orders TP was hit and system filled me with a price worse than my Take Profit price despite having enough liquidity. Please explain on urgent basis because it is a serious flaw because TP should ensure that my order should get filled at TP price or better once TP price is hit.

-TRMR

@trend_meanreversion
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Feb 2018, 11:24

Hi trend_meanreversion,

For execution issues I would advise you to contact your broker directly. Send them all the necessary details and they should advise why your order was executed in that way. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

trend_meanreversion
06 Feb 2018, 14:04

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi trend_meanreversion,

For execution issues I would advise you to contact your broker directly. Send them all the necessary details and they should advise why your order was executed in that way. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Sure mate, i have already dropped broker an email with the details and waiting for their response.

But i would like to understand how TPs are implemented in cTrader ( as it seems to me it is implementation thing rather than broker related execution ..unless their is dealer plugin which can move my fills etc ). Please advise more from trading implementation perspective about how Take Profits are implemented in cTrader.

@trend_meanreversion

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Feb 2018, 14:15

Hi trend_meanreversion,

TP is a is just a limit order linked to your position. So when the price reaches TP price, cServer sends a limit order to the LP. However I cannot provide an explanation of what happened since we do not control the entire execution chain. The broker does. Let them investigate and give you a response. If there is an issue with cTrader, they will contact us directly.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

trend_meanreversion
07 Feb 2018, 12:02

RE:

Hi trend_meanreversion,

TP is a is just a limit order linked to your position. So when the price reaches TP price, cServer sends a limit order to the LP. However I cannot provide an explanation of what happened since we do not control the entire execution chain. The broker does. Let them investigate and give you a response. If there is an issue with cTrader, they will contact us directly.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi mate,

Broker is telling me that since they are ECN broker, it can happen that TakeProfit can get filled at a worse price. Response by broker

"Since we are an ECN broker, we cannot offer guaranteed executions at your requested prices as all the orders are sent as market orders to be executed at the next available price in the quote flow."

Are you seriously kidding me that TP aren't treated as limit orders and can be treated as market orders by brokers at their will. Worse i can understand that my order once TP is trigerred shouldn't be filled at all if price becomes worse, but you can't execute my TP at a worse price !! . Please advise as broker is still under belief that they are doing it right !

Please help as it is a serious flaw in your execution methodology which either broker is able to manipulate/amend or you implemented incorrectly and didn't consider the above case ( price quickly moving away once TP is trigerred )

I am expecting a proper response from your end as i have been a fan of your product and was one of the early adapters who has helped community and advocated for it for long enough.

Thanks,

TRMR

@trend_meanreversion

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Feb 2018, 14:25

Hi trend_meanreversion,

Please send me your broker and the relevant Order ID or Deal ID at community@spotware.com.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

trend_meanreversion
07 Feb 2018, 15:06

RE:

Hi trend_meanreversion,

Please send me your broker and the relevant Order ID or Deal ID at community@spotware.com.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Sent mate. Please have a look

@trend_meanreversion

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Feb 2018, 15:11

Hi trend_meanreversion,

Your email has been received. We will investigate and come back to you.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous