Ctrader Advance Protection (Breakeven)

Created at 25 Jan 2018, 21:33
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Ctrader Advance Protection (Breakeven)
25 Jan 2018, 21:33

.I wanted to use the advance protection breakeven option but , I'm kinda confused about 2 things, first is the trigger. So if the price reached the pip value of the trigger the stop loss will move to a breakeven point right? What about the add input option?, what is it for?

@raraholyschmao@gmail.com
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Jan 2018, 11:54

Dear Trader,

Thanks for posting in our forum. This value is used to add pips to the breakeven price. If, for example your break even price is 1.24566 and you add 1 pip to to the break even price, then when the trigger is fired it will move the stop loss to 1.24566 + 1 pip = 1.24576.

Let me know if my explanation is clear enough.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

raraholyschmao@gmail.com
29 Jan 2018, 02:34

Thank you for your answer it is clear and well answered, I have another question for the breakeven function and the advance take profit if you don't mind. For example the price already hit the trigger for 20 pips, and an addition of 10 pips, so the SL move from breakeven point plus additional 10 pips, the question is is it still possible to use the breakeven function after that? the trigger would be 40 pips and the add would be 20 pips. As for the advance protection take profit, my question, is it possible to use the advance protection even though my laptop/computer is offline, is the advance protection take profit server side, as well for the breakeven function.

Hoping for a clear answer for this one as well.

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Jan 2018, 15:41

Hi again,

For example the price already hit the trigger for 20 pips, and an addition of 10 pips, so the SL move from breakeven point plus additional 10 pips, the question is is it still possible to use the breakeven function after that?

Yes you can, however you need to do this manually after the first break even is triggered

As for the advance protection take profit, my question, is it possible to use the advance protection even though my laptop/computer is offline, is the advance protection take profit server side, as well for the breakeven function. 

No, the advanced protection is a client side function. Read the textbox in the Advanced Protection window. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

raraholyschmao@gmail.com
30 Jan 2018, 14:00

Thank you very much for the answers, I'm enjoying trading in cTrader ever since i switched from mt4. I just hope that the server side trailing stop would have the functionality of the breakeven option, and trail distance/step for the server side trailing stop as well, it would be better and more proffitabe for the traders in my oppinion. I think it would attract more traders in using cTrader if ever that happens.

Again thank you very much for the quick response, hoping for more awesome updates in the future for this epic platform.