Latest bar/candle not reflecting latest price

Created at 28 Nov 2017, 15:38
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SW

sweetman_dave

Joined 03.11.2015

Latest bar/candle not reflecting latest price
28 Nov 2017, 15:38

Hi Spotware team,

I reported this issue twice before, the first time being on 13 Jan 2017 but was not acknowledged.  The latest bar/candle stops updating to reflect the latest bid (OnTick).  I have again attached a snapshot of the chart to illustrate this.  It happens sporadically but is almost guaranteed to occur at least once a day.  I would like to know if this problem is somehow unique to my particular hardware/software setup and whether or not there is a solution.

Thanks

@sweetman_dave
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Nov 2017, 15:54

Hi sweetman_dave,

Thanks for reporting this. From what I understand from the screenshot this happens on cTrader Web. Can you please confirm?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sweetman_dave
28 Nov 2017, 17:09

Thanks for the quick response, Panagiotis.  It is cTrader desktop and I'm running windows 10.  If there is no bot running, once I notice the problem I can refresh the window and the program catches up.  If a bot is running, I would obviously have to stop it before I could refresh - which in some cases is less than ideal.  The biggest danger is not noticing the mismatch between the latest price (I don't usually have the bid line displayed) and the bar/candle.

I love cAlgo by the way - but cTrader used to be better even though it had less features.

Thanks again,

Dave

@sweetman_dave

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Nov 2017, 17:23

Hi sweetman_dave,

Thanks for the additional information. We will try to reproduce this, even though I monitored the application for quite a while but could not see any issue. I will forward your issue to the quality assurance team for further investigation.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sweetman_dave
28 Nov 2017, 17:37

Thanks Panagiotis - you could watch it for hours and it wouldn't happen, but it usually happens at least once a day - on my setup, anyway.  I forgot to mention that the bar's countdown timer also stops counting down.

@sweetman_dave

protraderde
12 Jan 2021, 19:16

RE:

Hello,

Did you find the solution? It happens to me as well. I have an indicator of my own. After working it for a while when i refresh the chart the values change, sometimes dramatically :(

If there is a solution like refresh the last 10 candle data or something like that, it would be enough for me.

I am guessing that my client may miss some ticks?

Best

@protraderde

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Jan 2021, 07:53

Hi ergun+de,

This is a very old issue and we did not have any reports for such a report lately. Can you please provide more information about the issue you experience? Recording a video of this behavior would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

protraderde
13 Jan 2021, 10:04

RE:

Hi Panagiotis,

I solved my problem in the morning. It was an issue on my algorithm :( Sorry. But also is there a way to refresh candle data for lets say last ten candles of active timeframe?

Best

@protraderde