Ctrader Smart Stop Out problem?

Created at 25 Oct 2017, 21:52
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RA

rafaringa@gmail.com

Joined 25.10.2017

Ctrader Smart Stop Out problem?
25 Oct 2017, 21:52

Dear,

I had an account that reached zero with Smart Stop Out.

The problem is that the operation that activated it had a Stop Loss of -2. That's right, just two pips of 0.7 Lot.

It was a news release moment, so it was a quick move, some Slippage was expected.

The position goes in the wrong direction. But SL is not requested. SmartStop is.

The problem is that when the first Stop Out was requested, Stop Loss should already be requested and close the position. And other Smart Stop were ordered, opened and closed, well above the original StopLoss. Until no have more margin available.

And it had sufficient liquidity to close the original order.

My question is: is this a problem with Ctrader or my broker (FxPro)? 
Would I have less problem with an ECN broker?
The Smart Stop dont respect the original StopLoss in Ctrader?

Thank you.

@rafaringa@gmail.com
Replies

rafaringa@gmail.com
25 Oct 2017, 22:09 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

@rafaringa@gmail.com

davymailu
29 Oct 2017, 16:58

I'm also having issues with cTrader, specifically cAlgo since it's the algorithmic trading platform. I believe we have the same broker, but my issue is with the stop loss cancellation. It's more likely that your stop loss was also inside the spread, as in my case. Smart stop out should have worked either way. I don't think Spotware is taking such issues seriously. Sometimes some important things do not work and they have very flimsy explanations for them. It's like they're testing their platform with our money. In contrast, stop losses work very well in MT4, but the order execution is mediocre at best. Seems we have to give up some aspects of trading to get exactly what's important to us. I'd recommend setting wide stop losses. I'm talking 13+ pips since my order was also with USD/CAD (the recent Int. Rate Decison) and the spread was around 8-11 pips. My stop was at 7 pips and it got cancelled as the counter move occured. Luckily I knew it was 0.1 lots since I suspected they would increase the rate. Also, check out our broker's spreads during the weekends, they're very high and that's what they might look like during new time. 

@davymailu