Pending Orders over weekend

Created at 09 Sep 2017, 15:48
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TR

trend_meanreversion

Joined 31.07.2014

Pending Orders over weekend
09 Sep 2017, 15:48

Hi Team,

Can you explain why can't one amend (cancel/change TP/SL etc ) for Pending Orders on their live accounts over weekend (when market is closed) ? 

Please advise on urgent basis and rectify your backend to allow to amend the Pending Orders irrespective of market or closed ( because it doesn't make sense to restrict it). One should be able to place new any limit/stop orders and amend their existing Pending orders over-weekend !!

-TRMR

@trend_meanreversion
Replies

trend_meanreversion
10 Sep 2017, 16:15

RE:

trend_meanreversion said:

Hi Team,

Can you explain why can't one amend (cancel/change TP/SL etc ) for Pending Orders on their live accounts over weekend (when market is closed) ? 

Please advise on urgent basis and rectify your backend to allow to amend the Pending Orders irrespective of market or closed ( because it doesn't make sense to restrict it). One should be able to place new any limit/stop orders and amend their existing Pending orders over-weekend !!

-TRMR

CTDN team, can you please provide an answer to my above query ?

@trend_meanreversion

Spotware
11 Sep 2017, 10:03

Dear trend_meanreversion,

Thanks for posting this question. There is no inherent limitation in cTrader that disallows placing/changing pending orders when markets are closed. However, during weekends maintenance is taking place and some times services might become unavailable. You could also discuss this with your broker as it could be a broker setting. Could you please provide some more information on the issue your experienced e.g. a screenshot, so we can investigate further? 

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

trend_meanreversion
11 Sep 2017, 10:28

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear trend_meanreversion,

Thanks for posting this question. There is no inherent limitation in cTrader that disallows placing/changing pending orders when markets are closed. However, during weekends maintenance is taking place and some times services might become unavailable. You could also discuss this with your broker as it could be a broker setting. Could you please provide some more information on the issue your experienced e.g. a screenshot, so we can investigate further? 

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

Thanks for the reply . My broker was ICMarkets and error was indeed ' Maintenance related' as i can see that while trying to change my TP/SLs . I haven't got the snapshot this time but will let you know next time this happens. 

@trend_meanreversion