Latency + VPS

Created at 07 Jul 2013, 04:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Mocean

Joined 29.06.2013

Latency + VPS
07 Jul 2013, 04:03

Hello Spotware,

I just setup a VPS located in London Equinix data cetntre LD5 - it looks like your IP address is 78.46.50.55 - I pinged this and got a Latency of 101ms. Not bad, but compared to a cross-connect VPS to MT4 server of 0 - 6ms it's not going to cut it. I received a response from your support

"We also have a plan to integrate with several providers to provide VPS with ultra low latency, but for now such service is not available."

To run Robots effectively Latency is a major issue. Cloud proxy servers is a nice idea but nothing will be quicker than a direct conenction to a VPS.

Once again the question is, when will a cross-connect from your server to a VPS provider be available?

Looking forward to the day when cTrader will be in a position to replace MT4.

Thanks,
A

@Mocean
Replies

cAlgo_Development
08 Jul 2013, 15:23

Our current plan is to provide VPS with cross-connect in September.

@cAlgo_Development

Mocean
09 Jul 2013, 11:38

Thanks - how do you communicate this?

Will it be with a VPS provider, or direct with Spotware?

@Mocean

cAlgo_Development
09 Jul 2013, 16:45

We will provide direct access to third-party providers.

@cAlgo_Development

Mocean
02 Oct 2013, 12:14

VPS Direct Cross-Connect to Server

Any updates on VPS provider direct cross-connect to cTrader server?

I see you are partnering with Beeks but they said they still don't have direct cross-connect capability?

@Mocean

Spotware
03 Oct 2013, 10:50

Cross-connects setup mainly depends on VPS providers. When they will be ready we are open for it. But for us it's not a high priority direction since our trades already can get several milliseconds latency from usual London-based VPS hosting.

@Spotware

... Deleted by UFO ...