Password for Spotware demo accounts not available?

Created at 31 Aug 2017, 14:28
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid362501

Joined 31.08.2017

Password for Spotware demo accounts not available?
31 Aug 2017, 14:28

I am trying to test the FIX connectivity with a Spotware (not an actual broker) demo cTrader account.

I need the password for the FIX Logon message, but when I created the demo account I saw no password and I did not receive any email telling me the password.

N.B. this is not the same as the cTrader ID password - it is the actual trading account password.

How can we get access to the password?

Thanks.

@ctid362501
Replies

Spotware
01 Sep 2017, 09:52

Dear Trader,

Thanks for informing us about this issue. You should be getting your password on creating a new account in Spotware cTrader demo. We are currently investigating why the email was not sent. In the meanwhile, you can open a demo account with one of our brokers and use it for your FIX API experimentation.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

Groenewald.a.m
16 Mar 2022, 08:47 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Cannot Set Fix password on Demo Account.

Hi,

I am learning how to use the ctrade FIX API for experimentation. I get unstuck when I need to get the credentials from the https://ct.spotware.com/  website. When I go to Settings -> Advanced -> FIX API, there is no Password. When I select 'Change Password' and type in a new password, it still does not update the page, nor do I have success when I try to send a message using the Python console app provided by yourself. Please advise.

Regards

@Groenewald.a.m

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Mar 2022, 08:59

Hi Groenewald.a.m,

Can you please check if your Notifications are enabled and that your receive this notification when you change your account password?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Groenewald.a.m
16 Mar 2022, 09:20 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: Cannot Set Fix password on Demo Account.

There is a pop up that appears for a second after i have changed the password but then it disappears. I have not made any changes to settings on the website. And this is the only notification setting page I could find.( I am using FireFox 97):

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Groenewald.a.m,

Can you please check if your Notifications are enabled and that your receive this notification when you change your account password?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@Groenewald.a.m

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Mar 2022, 10:02

Hi Groenewald.a.m,

Ok then please create a thread in FIX API topic providing more information about the way you use the Python console app and we will help you.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous