cTrader for Apple Max OS 10.12 (Safari)

Created at 30 Jul 2017, 12:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

19621o12@gmail.com

Joined 30.07.2017

cTrader for Apple Max OS 10.12 (Safari)
30 Jul 2017, 12:20

When will cTrader be available for the Apple Mac?

@19621o12@gmail.com
Replies

Spotware
31 Jul 2017, 10:39

Dear Trader,

Thanks for your question. You can use cTrader Web on Apple Mac and Safari. Currently, there are no immediate plans for a desktop application for Mac. In case we release a cTrader application for Mac, we will inform you accordingly. 

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

MenMarMax
27 Sep 2017, 13:53

cTrader for Mac

A dedicated cTrader desktop application for Mac OS would really be nice.  One advantage is the installation of additional custom indicators and the use of cbots.  Different charts could also be displayed on several monitors.  I believe that the Mac OS is a very secure and stable operating system.  This is why I prefer to use cTrader on it.  Maybe you're still waiting for the release of High Sierra.  Please do consider this in your future projects.  Thank you.

@MenMarMax

BeardPower
27 Sep 2017, 14:16

RE: cTrader for Mac

DingLunar said:

A dedicated cTrader desktop application for Mac OS would really be nice.  One advantage is the installation of additional custom indicators and the use of cbots.  Different charts could also be displayed on several monitors.  I believe that the Mac OS is a very secure and stable operating system.  This is why I prefer to use cTrader on it.  Maybe you're still waiting for the release of High Sierra.  Please do consider this in your future projects.  Thank you.

Of course, this would be great, but as cTrader is implemented using ".Net" and ".Net" is not cross-platform, it would need a re-write of the cTrader platform in a cross-platform language/framework. Personally, I don't think this will be anytime soon or even been considered,

With the HTML5 version of cTrader, a cross-platform alternative is already existing, and as I interpreted the recent posts of Spotware, their goal is to make it on-par with the Desktop version. The HTML5 version would also be an argument against a re-implementation.

Just my 2 cents.

@BeardPower

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Sep 2017, 14:40

Hi to all,

My 2 cents as well. Apple users consist a non negligible percentage of traders, therefore it is always in our mind how to accommodate them as well. As BeardPower mentioned, porting cTrader to Mac will require significant effort on our side and also the constant operation of additional product teams alongside the existing ones (cTrader. cTrader Web, cAlgo, cTrader Mobile Android and iOS, cMirror, backend and server applications). While developing a Mac version has not been excluded as an option, this will probably not happen in the immediate future. However we are exploring alternatives that will make cTrader Web equivalent to cTrader Desktop and allow Mac users to enjoy an identical experience with Windows users. For example, we are considering cloud execution of cBots that will be accessible from cTrader Web as well. Currently, there is nothing that we can announce or commit to but we will keep you updated and let you know when something more concrete is available.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

MenMarMax
28 Sep 2017, 03:38

Yesterday, I was not able to access cTrader Web the whole day.  I tried it on Safari and Chrome.  I don't know what happened, but it's working again this morning.  I'm now considering the use of a virtual machine.  Your plans for cTrader Web is greatly appreciated.

@MenMarMax

ablan.juan@gmail.com
20 Dec 2017, 20:04

Yes, Mac graph is much better than Windows, if you can all all the feature on we like a on Winodws Desktop would be great !!!

None offers Forex apps for Mac, if you build Ctrader Desktop for Mac will win a market position...

@ablan.juan@gmail.com

sifneos4fx
17 Jan 2018, 17:34

Use Parallels

cTrader and cAlgo will look and feel like if you would run them under osx. CMD+TAB will cucle throught all open Mac and Windows applications. You can run several windows installation on one Mac. For me, perfect solution.

https://www.parallels.com/

Best,

Patrick

@sifneos4fx

... Deleted by UFO ...

jc-46
17 Jan 2020, 20:00

Any Progress on Mac Desktop?

Now we are 3 years down the line and I'm due to upgrade my computer, is there any plans for a mac desktop version?  The web version is great but Im forced to have a dedicated workspace for each pair, and because of this I have to set up all my templates individually per workspace.  There is also no drag and drop feature so i'm unable to drag a chart from one workspace to another in order to multi chart and cross reference with all my saved technical analysis. 

Regards, 

Joe. 

@jc-46

PanagiotisCharalampous
20 Jan 2020, 08:48

Hi Joe,

We do not have plans for cTrader Desktop for Mac at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sachithra
27 Aug 2020, 04:01

Would love to help.

Hi @Panagiotis, 

This is a main reason I chose not to go with cTrader back in 2017 and it was kinda sad to see still there is no Mac support for your wonderful tool.  I believe this is a major drawback. Anyhow, I am a top tier programmer and I do have a big team as well. If you'd like to handover the porting to a third-party we are more than willing to help. Please let me know. 

Thanks and Regards,
Sachithra 

@sachithra

christophe.sellen
10 Oct 2020, 09:25

RE: Would love to help.

sachithra said:

Hi @Panagiotis, 

This is a main reason I chose not to go with cTrader back in 2017 and it was kinda sad to see still there is no Mac support for your wonderful tool.  I believe this is a major drawback. Anyhow, I am a top tier programmer and I do have a big team as well. If you'd like to handover the porting to a third-party we are more than willing to help. Please let me know. 

Thanks and Regards,
Sachithra 

Bonjour, 

je suis tout à fait d'accord Ctrader est super mais pas sur Mac , dommage ....

envisagez-vous une évolution vers Mac?

Bonne journée

@christophe.sellen

xabbu
10 Oct 2020, 10:40

it is a little shame that there is no actual Mac version, but:

using Parallels and Win 10 on a Mac is an easy setup and an excellent workaround until...

@xabbu