Have Spotware Given Up On Ctrader?

Created at 08 Jul 2017, 09:22
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TM

tmfd

Joined 20.02.2014

Have Spotware Given Up On Ctrader?
08 Jul 2017, 09:22

Hi,

Do Spotware have any plans for future updates to Ctrader other than the current theme of small updates to the side features of Ctrader?  What I'm referring to is that each update only seems to focus on things such as the front end, there are never any improvements to the fundamental parts of Ctrader (there is the new order type although I think this fallls into the side feature category).  What about things such as multi instrument and timeframe backtesting?

To me it seems there could be two reasons, 1) budgets have been cut significantly, 2) the core development team have left and Spotware now don't dare change the internals of Ctrader as they don't understand how it works.  I expect it's a combination.

There's so much potential for Ctrader, but with every month it falls further behind where it could be.

Thanks

@tmfd
Replies

Spotware
11 Jul 2017, 18:42

Hello tmfd,

Thank you for your post. You're right that most of the features we have been releasing have been for cTrader, although these are actionable on the UI they still require a lot of development on the server-side, especially since cTrader is an STP platform and has to comply with many different execution destinations. 

cAlgo now has a new manager and a dedicated team that is expanding, their second priority is to deliver multi instrument & timeframe backtesting. 

Budgets have not been cut and we have been continuously optimizing the cTrader internals for years to help the entire product scale with the growth of new users and brokers. A lot of new features can be implemented without first being developed on the server-side. A lot of projects that we have been working on are not visible because they are still in development, when they are released it will be clear what we have been working on.

Our CEO recently responded to an open letter and it will give you some insight into the company and our plans going forward. Here is the post: /forum/suggestions/11655#3  

Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware