Workspace technical - slow upload connection

Created at 21 Jun 2017, 16:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

1001camel

Joined 20.10.2016

Workspace technical - slow upload connection
21 Jun 2017, 16:09

Hi.
I have a very fast internet connection +50mbps (i am not using wifi).
I have a good laptop with lots of RAM (8GB) and i5 processor.
Still it takes forever to execute an order - 2-3 seconds (60ms/170ms - in most cases).
I use 3 external screens plus my laptop screen. Totally 7 windows are open.
CPU is using roughly 60 pct of the capacity and RAM about 4GB - there should be plenty available.
The problem could be the workspaces.
I use private laptop at home, work laptop in the office and my mobile when away.
Every time open the c-trader it seems to make a new workspace.
i am currently on no 29 !!
And I only need 1 !
My question is: Do every single workspace update when I am online ?
Forexample: when I trade on workspace no 29 - is workspace 18 also updated live ?
Or is it only the open (29) one that is updated live ?

rgds

Gert

@1001camel
Replies

Spotware
17 Jul 2017, 11:55

Dear 1001camel,

Thanks for reporting your issue to us. The workspaces should not be the problem in your case. There are many factors that could affect order execution time. Does this happen on all orders you open or only occasionally? Do you use Limit Range orders? If it happens frequently, could you please provide us with more information so we can investigate the issue deeper?

If possible, please provide us with the following.

1) Your broker and your location.

2) A screenshot of your latency. You can find this information on the bottom right corner of your cTrader.

3) A screenshot with the position's timeline. You can find this information when you go to Tradewatch > Positions > Click on "i" button and scroll to the bottom of the form.

The above information will help us to determine where the problem is and investigate further.

Best Regards,

@Spotware