Cannot set alerts

Created at 04 May 2017, 11:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CO

cokerags@gmail.com

Joined 04.05.2017

Cannot set alerts
04 May 2017, 11:42

I'm having trouble setting alerts at certain prices. For example I try to set an alert for AUDUSD at 0.7440 and I get an error "Failed to subscribe to email alert". Thsi only happens at certain price ranges. For AUDUSD I can set alert for 0.7600, no problems. This is happening to a few different charts. I can't figure out why I can't set alerts at certain prices. I'm with Pepperstone.

Screenshot attached

@cokerags@gmail.com
Replies

vivo19
04 May 2017, 15:12

I have the same problem. Can't set alerts, get the same error, also alerts are not working when I was able to set them up, no sound or anything. I checked on demo and it works fine, so it's only a Live account issue. It started this week. It's supper annoying, i can't trade, because i rely heavily on alerts. I'm also with Pepperstone.

@vivo19

cokerags@gmail.com
04 May 2017, 19:27

Yeah works on demo. I had a chat with Pepperstone support, they said they will open a ticket with cTrader to look into it. I suggest you do the same. More people complaining the better. I rely on alerts too and have missed a few trades because of this issue.

@cokerags@gmail.com

vivo19
04 May 2017, 19:36

I've contacted Pepperstone support already. So now we just have to wait.

@vivo19

04 May 2017, 22:25

Also with the same problem. Also contacted Pepperstone support. They also raised a ticket. Their latest response was to watch this thread for a solution.

Over to you Spotware ...

@3130496

park
04 May 2017, 23:34

I have the same issue as well. I sent this to Pepperstone support so assume the Spotware also have it.

1. No Alerts that I create actually fire to alert me. Nor are they removed once price has crossed the alert line.

2. SOMETIMES I can create alerts. This part is not as specific but I can seem to create an alert that is a long way from current price if it previously fails closer to rice. However, even if an alert is created and price does cross the alert alert, it does not alert me and the alert stays on screen and is not removed. 

3. If I can only create an alert a long way from price and I try to move the alert closer to current price by using drag and drop I get the error again and the alert is not moved.

4. Sometimes the alert line is only shown when I mouse over the actual line area.

This affects my trading and has increased my workload as my methodology relies on alerts which was why I chose cTrader.

@park

cokerags@gmail.com
05 May 2017, 09:25

RE:

park said:

I have the same issue as well. I sent this to Pepperstone support so assume the Spotware also have it.

1. No Alerts that I create actually fire to alert me. Nor are they removed once price has crossed the alert line.

2. SOMETIMES I can create alerts. This part is not as specific but I can seem to create an alert that is a long way from current price if it previously fails closer to rice. However, even if an alert is created and price does cross the alert alert, it does not alert me and the alert stays on screen and is not removed. 

3. If I can only create an alert a long way from price and I try to move the alert closer to current price by using drag and drop I get the error again and the alert is not moved.

4. Sometimes the alert line is only shown when I mouse over the actual line area.

This affects my trading and has increased my workload as my methodology relies on alerts which was why I chose cTrader.

I have all of the issues you have described very well above. This is a pretty serious issue and looks like it is only affecing Pepperstone users currently.

Is anyone from Spotware looking into this?

@cokerags@gmail.com