high resource and ram use

Created at 30 Mar 2017, 22:14
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

forextik

Joined 25.09.2016

high resource and ram use
30 Mar 2017, 22:14

hi, i m noticing that ctrader desktop ir really pushing my laptop under pressure.

i have win 10 and 8gb ram. with mt4 i had no problem running the platform with many chart open.

with ctrader the ram often goes to 600mb usage and the cpu is ranging from 6% to 20%

keeping open different charts. but i need to keep them open , i want to see trades opportunities.

is there a way to have it wotking smoothly without this issues???

mat

@forextik
Replies

ClickAlgo
31 Mar 2017, 09:12 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Hi Mat,

If you plan to trade with cTrader than I would purchase more RAM, 8GB should be fine as it should not often go above 1GB unless you back-test or run some heavy memory usage custom cBots.

As with most modern software, it uses more memory and modern PC's are also more powerful these days, MT4 was created using an older Microsoft technology, so it would use less memory, but with the latest technology that cTrader was built with, it allows a smoother and richer experience for the user.

If you really want to keep your memoryin check than you can use the free alarm manager app which has a memory flusher that clears the cache of cTrader when it reaches your machines memory limit or is affecting the performance of the platform while trading.

https://clickalgo.com/ctrader-alarm-manager-dashboard-limited-free-version.

@ClickAlgo

forextik
31 Mar 2017, 12:29

thank you very much for your answer!!

i agree with you, my laptop is not very promising...!;)

soon ill buy a new one. then even win 10 with 8gb ram is not performing well.....

mat

@forextik

forextik
31 Mar 2017, 12:32

ah , i  test the small application to check the ram.

thanks again!

mat 

@forextik