Advanced stop loss protection not working !

Created at 16 Mar 2017, 18:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PR

protrader

Joined 16.03.2017

Advanced stop loss protection not working !
16 Mar 2017, 18:01

Hi Ctrader,

I am talking about the feature that allows us to automatically move stop loss to Break Even after n pips.

Sometimes it shows up but sometimes it's just deactivated and we cannot use it.

This is VERY annoying for me. Either you provide it and we can rely on it, or you just suppress it and we look for  cbot to do the job.

Can you please check it and reply here ?

Thanks

@protrader
Replies

frank.basten
30 Mar 2017, 02:27

Had that happen to me again last night. Does not work on the chart, no matter how fast I try to double click.

Thought I'd check the Positions window shield icon for "Advanced Take Profit/Stop Loss Options" and surprised it was working there, so I put in my BE options and saved and exited, even though it was not working on the chart. You might want to keep that in mind next time. It has happened to me three times in as many weeks when I've needed to put in a BE stop order. Not sure whether this will work in all cases, but it's a thought.

Cheers,

Frank

@frank.basten

frank.basten
30 Mar 2017, 02:29

RE:

frank.basten said:

Had that happen to me again last night. Does not work on the chart, no matter how fast I try to double click.

Thought I'd check the Positions window shield icon for "Advanced Take Profit/Stop Loss Options" and surprised it was working there, so I put in my BE options and saved and exited, even though it was not working on the chart. You might want to keep that in mind next time. It has happened to me three times in as many weeks when I've needed to put in a BE stop order. Not sure whether this will work in all cases, but it's a thought.

Cheers,

Frank

PS. I contacted LiveChat about it, and the option on the charts came active again while I was chatting to her, but just after I quit, it dropped out again. I didn't bother ringing back, but it appears to be a delicate beast on the charts.

@frank.basten

sjdean75
02 May 2017, 14:20

This keeps happening to me as well. It is very annoying and the only way to get it working again is to reinstall the whole program again. It is not ideal in the middle of a trading day. Can anyone from support reply here?

@sjdean75