Ctrader Android Platform "Close ALL" Disgusting button Plz remove ASAP

Created at 10 Oct 2016, 09:55
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PR

pranjosh

Joined 10.10.2016

Ctrader Android Platform "Close ALL" Disgusting button Plz remove ASAP
10 Oct 2016, 09:55

Hi,

On the "positions" tab in ctrader on android/mobile if there are many positions open then when you try to click the "more" button the "close All" gets clicked sometimes as they are placed very near (up and below too close)

Also on slower connections there is a chance that it may get clicked twice and there by all trades are closed (& thus a huge loss)

Why isnt the "Close All" button optional. Why is it being forced on us?

earlier versions did not have this button. Plz remove ASAP/make optional/allow user to choose to those who need it.

Also I am finding that the older versiosn of ctrader 2.0.10,      2.0.12 have stopped working suddenly from today(which did not have the "Close All" option and hence was being used by me.

Thus trading has become very difficult for me. Plz help ASAP

@pranjosh
Replies

Spotware
10 Oct 2016, 12:35 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Hello, 

Please be advised that closing positions using the "Close All" button is a two step process. Once you press this button (double tap or single tap) you will be taken to an entirely new screen. In this new screen you have the option to select some options, where you can choose to close all BUY or SELL or Winning or Losing or by specific symbol. 

See positions page:

See the screen displayed once pressing the button:

As you can see this requires you to perform two steps from two entirely different screens. The buttons are not positioned in the same place. To actually close all of your positions with double tap mode you will need to press 4 times in total. 

Hope this explanation helps to resolve your doubts on this feature. 

Regards, 

cTrader Team

@Spotware

ancdriver239
08 Aug 2019, 02:21

Same with Desktop?

Hi, does this process work the same way with the desktop version of the 'Close All Positions' button in the tradewatch panel?

That is, in the desktop version, once you press this button (double tap or single tap) you will be taken to an entirely new screen. In this new screen you have the option to select some options, where you can choose to close all BUY or SELL or Winning or Losing or by specific symbol. 

@ancdriver239

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Aug 2019, 09:31

Hi ancdriver239,

No it does not work the same way on desktop. On desktop you have the option to have the button clicked on a) Single Click b) Double Click c) Completely Disabled. You also have the option to receive a warning before closing all positions.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ancdriver239
08 Aug 2019, 10:18

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi ancdriver239,

No it does not work the same way on desktop. On desktop you have the option to have the button clicked on a) Single Click b) Double Click c) Completely Disabled. You also have the option to receive a warning before closing all positions.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Thanks for the response.

I have another question then:

If I clicked on 'close all positions' will it close ALL positions in my account, or will it close only those showing in my tradewatch panel (for instance if I used the search term panel and only had showing all my trades in say EURUSD)?

@ancdriver239

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Aug 2019, 10:23

Hi ancdriver239,

It will close all the positions of the account.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ancdriver239
08 Aug 2019, 10:30

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi ancdriver239,

It will close all the positions of the account.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

so essentially, if i wanted to close all my EUR positions, but not close any others in my account, then I would use the android version, as this gives me more flexibility to choose which ones..yes?

@ancdriver239

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Aug 2019, 10:34

Hi ancdriver239,

You can also consider a simple cBot. The functionality you see above is available only in the legacy mobile application.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous