Latency issues since Friday

Created at 05 Oct 2016, 17:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

marcus.nielsen

Joined 05.10.2016

Latency issues since Friday
05 Oct 2016, 17:47

Hi,

since last Friday there has been a serious issues with order fullfilments and log ins to the cTrader.

I contacted my broker, IC Markets, and they told me that Spotware experiences technical issues.

What is going on and when the issues are going to be resolved?

Thanks.

@marcus.nielsen
Replies

jaredthirsk
05 Oct 2016, 18:14

I'm having issues right now too, making cTrader unusable.  This would seem urgent!

@jaredthirsk

marcus.nielsen
05 Oct 2016, 18:52

RE:

jaredthirsk said:

I'm having issues right now too, making cTrader unusable.  This would seem urgent!

Also having IC Markets as a broker?

@marcus.nielsen

jaredthirsk
06 Oct 2016, 00:41

RE: RE:

marcus.nielsen said:

jaredthirsk said:

Also having IC Markets as a broker?

Yes.  Seems fine now: 30ms/70ms.  I am also with a couple other cTrader brokers (one is web only) -- I will check them the next time I have issues (which is hopefully never.)

(While I had issues, the spotware connect api still seemed fast: e.g.: https://api.spotware.com/connect/tradingaccounts/123456)

@jaredthirsk

jaredthirsk
06 Oct 2016, 00:42

RE: RE: RE:

jaredthirsk said:

Yes.  Seems fine now: 30ms/70ms.  I am also with a couple other cTrader brokers (one is web only) -- I will check them the next time I have issues (which is hopefully never.)

(While I had issues, the spotware connect api still seemed fast: e.g.: https://api.spotware.com/connect/tradingaccounts/123456)

I notice the proxy server in the cTrader ping popup says New York-1.  IIRC, it was New York-2 before.

@jaredthirsk

cloesd
06 Oct 2016, 15:01

I have had this problem as well. After pressing 'purchase' I have to wait almost 10 seconds sometimes to see the order go through. This makes scalping impossible. This is a very very major issue. Doesn't occur on the demo account, only on the live account.

I'm with IC markets too.

@cloesd

cloesd
06 Oct 2016, 15:11

Also, I've noticed the latencies are different between the demo account and the live account. (connected to Sydney 6, and Sydney 5).

The demo always connects to Sydney 5, the live always connects to Sydney 6.

Sydney 5 seems to execute near instantly, Sydney 6 sometimes takes 10 seconds.

Is there any way to adjust which proxy to connect to?

@cloesd

marcus.nielsen
06 Oct 2016, 16:32

Yes, demo works all right, but live does not.

@marcus.nielsen

marcus.nielsen
06 Oct 2016, 16:35

RE:

And marcus.nielsen said:

And no matter what proxy is there. Mine is Duesseldorf-1. So this is either an issue with live servers or a deliberate activity that results in slowdown.

I am wondering why noone from Spotware writes anything about it. This is pretty serious issue and ICM posted just a short message that Spotware is experiencing technical issues. That's all no other info, no ETA nothing... Will move to different broker soon if this is not resolved next week.

@marcus.nielsen

cloesd
06 Oct 2016, 18:32

marcus.nielsen said:

And marcus.nielsen said:

And no matter what proxy is there. Mine is Duesseldorf-1. So this is either an issue with live servers or a deliberate activity that results in slowdown.

I am wondering why noone from Spotware writes anything about it. This is pretty serious issue and ICM posted just a short message that Spotware is experiencing technical issues. That's all no other info, no ETA nothing... Will move to different broker soon if this is not resolved next week.

Absolutely unusable.

@cloesd

kazuar
07 Oct 2016, 10:49

I've been experiencing same problems since last week (IC Markets). I've moved to another broker.

@kazuar

marcus.nielsen
07 Oct 2016, 11:27

RE:

kazuar said:

I've been experiencing same problems since last week (IC Markets). I've moved to another broker.

What broker it is if I may ask? Thanks.

@marcus.nielsen

kazuar
07 Oct 2016, 13:43

marcus.nielsen said:

kazuar said:

What broker it is if I may ask? Thanks.

IC Markets

@kazuar

kazuar
07 Oct 2016, 13:44

This post has been removed by moderator due to a violation of the EULA. Broker discussions are prohibited in cTDN.

@kazuar

Spotware
10 Oct 2016, 12:17

Dear Traders,

Usually we do not permit broker discussion here, but we will sustain this thread due to the nature of it. Please be informed that we have corrected all issues related to recent IC Markets events, there were multiple contributing factors, each of which have since been eliminated.

If you wish to know how this was remedied and what options are now available, please contact IC Markets directly. 

Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware