Fast navigate and Historical data in ctrader

Created at 26 Sep 2016, 11:33
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JO

jonnylee.mc

Joined 03.03.2016

Fast navigate and Historical data in ctrader
26 Sep 2016, 11:33

Hello, 

1. Is there any way to load data from a specified datetime? 
2. Is there any way to jump to a specified Datetime in chart?
Like MT4, you can press enter and then type date in format dd.mm.yyyy and then it goes there.
http://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/overview/fast_nav
Sometime scrolling mouse takes a lot of time when using low timeframe

Thanks!!

@jonnylee.mc
Replies

Spotware
26 Sep 2016, 15:22

Hello, 

There is no such feature, however; if you prefer not to use the mouse to scroll through the chat you could use the "Page UP" or "Home" key to move backwards in time and vice versa, you could use the "Page Down" key to move forward in time or the "End" key to move to most recent chart data. 

@Spotware

jonnylee.mc
26 Sep 2016, 16:16

Hello,

Even "page up" and "page down" is slow and clumsy if I want to jump to a specific time 3 months ago on 5m timeframe.

The same with the option to load chart from a specific date.

How about adding a "Goto" menu option like:

Right click --> Goto --> enter the datetime --> magic happens!!

Thanks!!

@jonnylee.mc

zdravko.penavic
27 Sep 2016, 13:04

RE:

Hello!

I support the idea from colleage jonnylee.

It would be very helpful and save lot of time.

Best regards!

jonnylee.mc said:

Hello,

Even "page up" and "page down" is slow and clumsy if I want to jump to a specific time 3 months ago on 5m timeframe.

The same with the option to load chart from a specific date.

How about adding a "Goto" menu option like:

Right click --> Goto --> enter the datetime --> magic happens!!

Thanks!!

@zdravko.penavic

ctid640565
30 Jul 2019, 18:55

RE:

Spotware said:

Hello, 

There is no such feature, however; if you prefer not to use the mouse to scroll through the chat you could use the "Page UP" or "Home" key to move backwards in time and vice versa, you could use the "Page Down" key to move forward in time or the "End" key to move to most recent chart data. 

Hello,
have you implemented any new feature to move backward in price charts? Beside hotkeys and mouse scroll is there anything new?
Thank you very much.
Kind regards.

@ctid640565

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 Jul 2019, 09:18

Hi ctid640565,

There is no such feature available yet in cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

septumrar
10 Apr 2020, 05:23

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi ctid640565,

There is no such feature available yet in cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Be sure to need this feature. Especially so that the robot itself can load up to the desired date. For example, I uploaded a schedule manually. I launched the robot. And when the robot is working and the connection is disconnected, the schedule is reset and all work stops. I have to watch all the time whether the schedule is reset automatically or not.

Please implement the function of loading a specific date through some function through the C # code.

@septumrar

septumrar
10 Apr 2020, 05:27

How soon can expect implementation?

@septumrar

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Apr 2020, 07:42

Hi septumrar,

There is no such feature at the moment in cTrader.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

artzaimorante
29 Oct 2020, 20:05

Fast navigate and historical data in ctrader

A fast way to jump to a specified datetime in charts has been an open request by clients since September of 2016 and yet there is no implementation of this simple feature.  Is this serious?

@artzaimorante

... Deleted by UFO ...

... Deleted by UFO ...

Narth
24 Jul 2021, 15:01

Is this anywhere on the implementation list? It's extremely frustrating moving the chart  back in time on the low timeframes....

@Narth

amusleh
26 Jul 2021, 08:31

Hi,

This feature is still not available, please open a thread in the suggestions section.

@amusleh

rjalopes
31 Aug 2021, 15:03

Go to date historical data

It's unbelievable that 5 years after the first post asking for a simple feature to have the possibility to see historical data base on a range date that feature is still missing. I really ask my self how this platform can still be in the market associated to brokers I can have this information for free in barchart.com 

@rjalopes

amusleh
26 Mar 2022, 12:29

Hi,

For anyone who is reading this thread in future you can use the Go To Date indicator: 

@amusleh