Late alerts?

Created at 15 Sep 2016, 16:29
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CL

cloesd

Joined 28.02.2015

Late alerts?
15 Sep 2016, 16:29

Sometimes when major news occurs the market moves very fast.

For 30 minutes or so after this I get very late alerts. Like for instance, market moves at 8:00 and news is released.

Then at 8:28 maybe il'l finally get price alert for price that was reached 28 minutes ago. Anyone have similar problem? Is it just congestion and there's no solution?

@cloesd
Replies

Stokes Bay
15 Sep 2016, 20:33

Yep

@Stokes Bay

Spotware
19 Sep 2016, 16:26

Can you please provide some more specific details on this issue. 

Which alert is late? Email notification, in-platform notification, or both?

We would also appreciate if you can submit some more detailed information to feedback@spotware.com 

1. Broker name
  2. Account number
  3. Your cTrader ID
  4. Application (Web, Windows, etc.)
  5. Application version (if desktop) 
  6. An example of when the even occurred. Date, Time, Symbol, 

Thank you in advance. 

@Spotware

cloesd
21 Sep 2016, 07:45

Hi,

Sorry for late reply: 

Please see image for details. I will submit to spotware feedback aswell:

http://imgur.com/a/5MMb9

As you can see price hit the target 3 minutes before I got an alert. By the time I got the alert and looked at the trade, trade was already long gone.

It seems to only occur during times of high 'load' like during news releases, or during market opening minutes.

@cloesd

cloesd
21 Sep 2016, 07:49

RE:

cloesd said:

Hi,

Sorry for late reply: 

As you can see price hit the target 3 minutes before I got an alert. By the time I got the alert and looked at the trade, trade was already long gone.

It seems to only occur during times of high 'load' like during news releases, or during market opening minutes.

@cloesd

ctid269303
30 Nov 2016, 18:10

RE: RE:

cloesd said:

cloesd said:

Hi,

Sorry for late reply: 

Did u ever receive a reply for this or sort it?

I have same issue demoing cTrader with IC Markets.  Alerts were working for a couple of days and now they notify at least 30 minutes after the event.

Pairs traded - GBPJPY/EURUSD

Cheers

@ctid269303

vivo19
01 Dec 2016, 16:35

Yeah i have the same issue. I'm on pepperstone. It happened with me before, but last 2 days it got even worse.

@vivo19

racocvr
02 Dec 2016, 19:40

I'm on pepperstone too and I got the same problem. Good to see I'm not the only one so maybe it will get fixed faster.

What I noticed is the yellow price alert line is removed from the chart when the price is hit but the popup window is not shown. I would say the popup is shown only when some server message is received but since networks sometimes have delays it may cause the issue.

Please review the price alert popup code since alerts like this are useless because we cannot trust them.

@racocvr

ctid269303
09 Dec 2016, 13:49

Still no change here.  30 minutes delay on price alerts.  Useless.

@ctid269303

vivo19
09 Dec 2016, 14:19

Yeah, completely unreliable.

I've sent an email to  feedback@spotware.com , with a link to this thread. No real answer yet. Maybe you should do it too.

@vivo19

jaredthirsk
21 Dec 2016, 10:21

Same problem.  Haven't paid too close attention but it looks like several minutes, maybe 30 minutes late.  

Broker: IC Markets but if more than one broker is having a problem maybe it's not their issue.

@jaredthirsk

kricka
07 Jan 2017, 21:24

Alerts cBot

Late alerts can probably vary depending on the broker and how the email function works at a specific time, like news.. Therefore having alerts and warnings handled by a VPS might speed up the delivery. Have a look at the Alerts 1.0 cBot, it is primarily a warning cBot that gives warnings when the set up of the parameters are triggered. Sound and email supported.

Information link: Alerts 1.0

@kricka