Watchlist lost

Created at 05 Sep 2016, 09:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VE

versads

Joined 05.09.2016

Watchlist lost
05 Sep 2016, 09:13

After install latest update I lost all symbols from my watchlist and now I can't add any symbol to make new one. Need help

@versads
Replies

darrennielsen68
05 Sep 2016, 10:02

I have the same issue, appreciate if someone can advise on this. Thanks.

@darrennielsen68

sply72
05 Sep 2016, 11:35

Watchlist lost

after the last update, watchlist is lost and is not possible to add symbols...

@sply72

Spotware
05 Sep 2016, 21:55

Hi Everyone, 

What you are describing is expected behavior of the new feature. To use the new Watchlist feature you need to be logged into cTrader ID, which you all must have now since you are writing in this forum. cTrader ID should not be confused with trading account. 

Once you are logged in you will be able to create and manage multiple Watchlists. 

Let us know how you get on.

@Spotware

Sir2
06 Sep 2016, 01:08

RE:

Spotware said:

Hi Everyone, 

What you are describing is expected behavior of the new feature. To use the new Watchlist feature you need to be logged into cTrader ID, which you all must have now since you are writing in this forum. cTrader ID should not be confused with trading account. 

Once you are logged in you will be able to create and manage multiple Watchlists. 

Is good to add new features, but destroying the previous functionality does not make sense..., now if I don't want to use cTraderID I don't have watchlists...

In my opinion that is ok for the web version, but the desktop version must be independent and fast...

Thanks.

@Sir2

x0xy
07 Sep 2016, 15:55

Please let those who don't have or want to use a ctrader ID, have back the watchlist as before. It's really bothering not to have the watchlist. Multiple watchlists in the cloud is cool and stuff but please don't just remove that feature for everyone else.
@x0xy

sweetman_dave
16 Sep 2016, 10:38

RE:

Hi Spotware,

This is definitely a step backwards.  It would not be so bad if it weren't for the fact that being logged on to cTrader ID seems to cause the platform to disconnect from the server quite often. It also causes other buggy behaviour if memory serves and this is why I stopped logging in.  

Hi Everyone, 

@sweetman_dave

MZen
03 Oct 2016, 17:29

RE:

Shame on you Spotware for doing this to traders!

Do not be surprised to see law suites in the future. Do we need to connect to CTDN servers to validate CTrader ID? I think the answer is yes. Do we need constant connection to CTDN servers to maintain watch list? I think, yes.

What happened if connection to CTDN servers is lost or unstable? In my case platform is freezing and need to reconnect or re login, resulting in stopped Cbots, trailing stops on client side and possible losses, not to mention inability to do algo trading without traders watching platform stability.

Is it serious issue for the trader? Yes! How serious? Ask my lawyer.

Spotware said:

Hi Everyone, 

@MZen

06 Oct 2016, 06:36

" To use the new Watchlist feature you need to be logged into cTrader ID," ,  I don't like this design, it's so bad... 

It's made many many complain  from my followers  from the cmirror,   please cancel this design, and it's not good idea..

@1004302

06 Oct 2016, 07:35

RE:

1004302 said:

" To use the new Watchlist feature you need to be logged into cTrader ID," ,  why desing it' ? 

@1004302