cTrader Mobile - Unwanted notificationss

Created at 09 Jan 2024, 14:04
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NC

ncel01

Joined 19.03.2020

cTrader Mobile - Unwanted notificationss
09 Jan 2024, 14:04

Hello,

Why do I keep receiving on native cTrader (cross-broker) app broker-related push notifications that are not even trading-related?

How to turn this off?

Apparently, in the app settings this kind of notifications are not mentioned.

Thank you.

@ncel01
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Jan 2024, 07:32

Hi there,

You receive them because you have an account with the specific broker. You should contact the broker if you want them to be disabled.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
10 Jan 2024, 08:36

Hello,

Yes, like any other user I have an account with some broker, but that's not the point to me.

Main point:

Would't make sense to have an option to turn the notifications off in the app itself? After all, these are sent via cTrader app, right?

@ncel01

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Jan 2024, 10:08

RE: cTrader Mobile - Unwanted notificationss

ncel01 said: 

Hello,

Yes, like any other user I have an account with some broker, but that's not the point to me.

Main point:

Would't make sense to have an option to turn the notifications off in the app itself? After all, these are sent via cTrader app, right?

Hi ncel01,

These notifications are sent by the broker, not by the cTrader app it self. In other words, they are not sent automatically by the platform as a response to an event happening in your account. They are sent by the broker on demand, it is equivalent to the broker emailing you directly. Therefore you need to talk to your broker regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Panagiotis   

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
10 Jan 2024, 12:39

Dear Panagiotis,

I am not convinced by your arguments, however I can accept this limitation.

In any case, the app act as an intermediary to send these notifications, which could be disabled/filtered in case an option for this was available.

I really believe that every step made by Spotware to provide traders with the tools to become less dependent on the brokers, would be highly appreciated by the community.

I've been noticing that some settings that are not even brokers' business but a sole traders' choice, still need to be requested to the brokers, which is very annoying (e.g. lowering an account leverage).

Thanks for considering the above.

@ncel01

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Jan 2024, 06:26

RE: cTrader Mobile - Unwanted notificationss

ncel01 said: 

Dear Panagiotis,

In any case, the app act as an intermediary to send these notifications, which could be disabled/filtered in case an option for this was available.

I really believe that every step made by Spotware to provide traders with the tools to become less dependent on the brokers, would be highly appreciated by the community.

I've been noticing that some settings that are not even brokers' business but a sole traders' choice, still need to be requested to the brokers, which is very annoying (e.g. lowering an account leverage).

Hi ncel01,

I am not trying to convince you about anything, I am explaining to you how it works. If you have a different opinion, feel free to post a suggestion and the product team will consider it.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
14 Jan 2024, 18:39

RE: RE: cTrader Mobile - Unwanted notificationss

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

ncel01 said: 

Dear Panagiotis,

Hi ncel01,

I am not trying to convince you about anything, I am explaining to you how it works. If you have a different opinion, feel free to post a suggestion and the product team will consider it.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

No worries.
Although I do not always agree with your justifications, I do appreciate your continued willingness to provide your feedback to the community.

@ncel01