No Dark Theme option for Android cTrader 4.7.54401 release?

Created at 04 May 2023, 03:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FI

firemyst

Joined 26.03.2019

No Dark Theme option for Android cTrader 4.7.54401 release?
04 May 2023, 03:58

According to this release:

we should have a "dark theme" for the cTrader mobile app.

I have version 4.7.54401 of the Spotware cTrader mobile app and have no apparent options to enable any kind of "dark theme". Even the dark theme option under the charts has gone, so I'm stuck with a bright application on a white background.

How do we enable the dark theme?

@firemyst
Replies

PanagiotisChar
04 May 2023, 10:58

Hi firemyst,

The new theme feature is set on the device level. So you need to set your device's theme as dark for cTrader to switch to dark mode.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

firemyst
04 May 2023, 11:13

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi firemyst,

The new theme feature is set on the device level. So you need to set your device's theme as dark for cTrader to switch to dark mode.

Aieden Technologies

Thanks @PanagiotisChar

Why did they change it to the device level??

Other apps allow us to set "light", "dark", or "device default" in their settings. How come @Spotware couldn't do that with cTrader?

Like writing emails, most people have those apps in light mode; now I want to use cTrader with dark charts... I gotta switch over the entire phone? They couldn't even leave the option at the chart level?

*insert face palm emoji*

@firemyst

PanagiotisChar
04 May 2023, 13:03

Hi firemyst,

I have no insight into the decision making process. I just explain how it works :) 

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

firemyst
04 May 2023, 14:09

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi firemyst,

I have no insight into the decision making process. I just explain how it works :) 

Aieden Technologies

I know. All's good. I'm not pointing fingers or anything at you :-)

I just can't believe some of the decisions Spotware makes at times. Almost every other app has developers that give users the choice of using a light, dark, or default system theme for using their software on mobile devices. Why Spotware decided to not do this as well (since they already had it as an option for charts) is just mind boggling.

@firemyst

eliezer_barros
06 May 2023, 15:23

RE: RE: dark modr

firemyst said:I feel that option to change to dark mode is not good. I hope that Ctrade change for easy alternative.

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi firemyst,

Aieden Technologies

I know. All's good. I'm not pointing fingers or anything at you :-)

I just can't believe some of the decisions Spotware makes at times. Almost every other app has developers that give users the choice of using a light, dark, or default system theme for using their software on mobile devices. Why Spotware decided to not do this as well (since they already had it as an option for charts) is just mind boggling.

@eliezer_barros