Mobile trading app only works on wifi

Created at 15 Feb 2021, 10:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AN

andywhitehi

Joined 31.05.2019

Mobile trading app only works on wifi
15 Feb 2021, 10:21

Im just checking is there any plan to get the mobile app working properly. It only works when using wifi, which is totally inadequate and means that whenever travelling i use IG which works fine on mobile network only. IC must be losing significant trades because of this.

@andywhitehi
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Feb 2021, 10:50

Hi andywhitehi,

The mobile applications work on any network. We got some reports of issues on some providers and it seems the traffic is blocked by the ISP. You should contact your ISP regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tradex1
05 Apr 2021, 13:48 ( Updated at: 05 Apr 2021, 13:57 )

RE:

Hi Panagiotis

I've been troubleshooting this same problem as well, where it wont connect to ctradr server on Telstra 4G mobile network, seems to
be after a recent update, where its been rock solid for last 6 months.

I also tried the legacy app with same symtoms.

I have also updated to IOS 14.4.2 on both iphone x and ipad and doesnt work on 4G network and works always when on wifi network

I couldn't see how the ISP blocking as the same device same IOS same app that wont connect on 4G connects immediately on telstra wifi

I've also deleted the app and its data and re signed in again and get exact same issue

Lastly I just tried connecting from ipad wiif only device using my ios iPhone as hotspot and works yet wont work directly from iphone unless it is connection to wifi 

@tradex1

tradex1
05 Apr 2021, 14:00

more Testing

Could other members test their mobile apps on 3g or 4g networks and post to help get more info

thanks

@tradex1

tradex1
09 Apr 2021, 03:37

RE: Ctrader mobile only works on Wifi and Not 4G anymore

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi andywhitehi,

The mobile applications work on any network. We got some reports of issues on some providers and it seems the traffic is blocked by the ISP. You should contact your ISP regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi Panagiotis

I have conducted more indepth tests and can confirm the following:

* All devices, current app and legacy app worked reliably until last couple weeks

* Two iPhone devices IOS 14.3 & 14.4.2 work reliably on wifi but not on Telstra 4G or Optus 4G 

* Both iPhones and one iPad works reliably using tehtering via same Telstra 4G iPhone with IOS 14.4.2 installed

* Ctrader current 4.054280 or legacy app won't work on Telstra4G or Optus4G networks

* Same outcomes for Telstra4G Optus4G on IOS 14.3 though works reliably on wifi and tethering

* Same symptoms on both devices both apps and both IOS's "connecting..." never timing out though
connects through wifi within few seconds.

Given the testing I would imagine this couldn't be a ISP blocking or ISP related issue?

Please advise

Thankyou

@tradex1

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Apr 2021, 08:41

Hi andywhitehi,

Our reports show that when the applications are connected to the Telstra network then they cannot reach the relevant proxies. It is clearly and network issue and there is not much we can do on our side.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

tradex1
18 Jun 2021, 09:54

RE:

Hi andywhitehi,

Our reports show that when the applications are connected to the Telstra network then they cannot reach the relevant proxies. It is clearly and network issue and there is not much we can do on our side.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

This problem has now been fixed for me since updating to pepperstone ctrader app 4.1.54293

@tradex1

... Deleted by UFO ...

ut707396
11 Sep 2021, 14:03

RE:

Hi andywhitehi,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hello,

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

@ut707396

i.maghsoud
19 Sep 2021, 13:31

RE: RE:

tradex1 said:

Hi Panagiotis

I've been troubleshooting this same problem as well, where it wont connect to ctradr server on Telstra 4G mobile network, seems to
be after a recent update, where its been rock solid for last 6 months.

I also tried the legacy app with same symtoms.

I have also updated to IOS 14.4.2 on both iphone x and ipad and doesnt work on 4G network and works always when on wifi network

I couldn't see how the ISP blocking as the same device same IOS same app that wont connect on 4G connects immediately on telstra wifi

I've also deleted the app and its data and re signed in again and get exact same issue

Lastly I just tried connecting from ipad wiif only device using my ios iPhone as hotspot and works yet wont work directly from iphone unless it is connection to wifi 

Hi All

I am using the Telstra 4G (Boost provider) network and having the same issue. I am updated the Pepperstone Ctrader on my IOS iPhone, the problem still persists. would appreciate suggestions. 

@i.maghsoud

... Deleted by UFO ...

bnlf
02 Dec 2021, 00:18

RE: RE:

gracelynaditya8834 said:

Hi andywhitehi,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

I also have this same question and I cannot find any proper answers on the internet and also need a solution.

It's Telstra. I can only connect via 4g if I use a VPN. Not sure if there is any way to report this to them. @PanagiotisCharalampous do we have a list of server addresses, IP and ports that we can provide to the ISP for investigation?

@bnlf

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Dec 2021, 12:13

Hi bnlf,

Can you tell us your broker please?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

bnlf
02 Dec 2021, 12:57

RE:

Hi bnlf,

Can you tell us your broker please?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

sure. icmarkets. 

@bnlf

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Dec 2021, 15:27

Hi bnlf,

If possible, please contact me at community@spotware.com for further instructions.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lagartharagn
06 Jan 2022, 13:20

mobile app working properly

Im just checking is there any plan to get the mobile app working properly. It only works when using wifi, which is totally inadequate and means that whenever travelling i use IG which works fine on mobile network only. IC must be losing significant trades because of this.you also check it it on your best laptop

@lagartharagn

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Jan 2022, 07:48

Hi lagartharagn,

As explained above, the issue seems to be on the side of the ISP. The application is used in dozens of countries and hundreds of mobile networks and the issue has been reported for 2 ISP providers only. Please contact your ISP provider to investigate further.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

kostya.bartchenkov
16 Mar 2022, 23:27

RE:

Has anyone managed to resolve it with Telstra?

what do you even tell them?

@kostya.bartchenkov