Alerts (price / take profit / stop loss)

Created at 20 May 2020, 21:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
YA

yassero

Joined 20.05.2020

Alerts (price / take profit / stop loss)
20 May 2020, 21:56

On cTrader on Android, is there any way price alert can beep a sound? the way it is designed now is useless cause if I'm gonna have to keep the app opened and I keep looking at my screen all the time in order to see the notification bar when it shows up then why would I need it at the first place?!! I would just see the price when it is reached. The same applies for a trade close by take profit or stop loss. Currently no beeps are happening or any kind of alerts. Is there any fix for this?

@yassero
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 May 2020, 08:38

Hi yassero,

This is a phone setting not an app setting. All Android notifications play a sound if your phone is not silent. Check your phone settings.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

yassero
21 May 2020, 10:19

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi yassero,

This is a phone setting not an app setting. All Android notifications play a sound if your phone is not silent. Check your phone settings.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi, ofcourse the phone is not silent and all notifications for Pepperstone cTrader app are set to allowed. Either using the phone or in sleep mode doesn't make a difference. When I am using other apps, like a browser or so, the price alert on Pepperstone app does not beep or show a notification on the bar and even when I switch back to the app, I find that the price has already been reached and price alert set has already been removed ofcourse. I only scenario where I see a notification is when I am using the app. A small bar then pops up with the alert but no beep or any kind of sound. This is useless cause I am already using the app and can view the prices myself. I am hopeful to have it working like in my Oanda app that even if the phone is in sleep, it beeps the phone notification sound and leaves a notification on the top bar. 

@yassero