Leverage issue

Created at 08 Jul 2024, 10:10
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GB

gb.bullish

Joined 08.07.2024

Leverage issue
08 Jul 2024, 10:10

Hello, I tried to open a buy position on BTC with my 10k FTMO account with approximately X5 leverage (I can use until X30) and here's the result :

2024.07.08 08:03:11.262 | Request to Buy Contracts 0.87 BTCUSD is sent to server
2024.07.08 08:03:11.303 | → Request to Buy Contracts 0.87 BTCUSD is ACCEPTED, order OID87494749 created (08/07/2024 08:03:11.274 UTC+0)
2024.07.08 08:03:11.661 | → Order OID87494749 is REJECTED with error "NOT_ENOUGH_MONEY"

what's the problem here?

Thank you in advance!

@gb.bullish
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jul 2024, 05:48

Hi there,

You need to check your symbol's leverage as well, through the active symbol panel, not only your account's leverage.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

gb.bullish
09 Jul 2024, 06:38 ( Updated at: 09 Jul 2024, 15:04 )

RE: Leverage issue

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

You need to check your symbol's leverage as well, through the active symbol panel, not only your account's leverage.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello,

Thank you for your response!

Here's a screnshot of my symbol window. It seems all the crypto symbol are set on 1:1 leverage (forex has more than 1:1 leverage). (It's on Windows, but same problem on my Mac)

Edit : Same problem ("not enough money") with a demo cTrader account, despite the leverage in the window symbol :

Best regards.

@gb.bullish

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jul 2024, 15:05

RE: RE: Leverage issue

gb.bullish said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello,

Thank you for your response!

Here's a screnshot of my symbol window. It seems all the crypto symbol are set on 1:1 leverage (forex has more than 1:1 leverage). (It's on Windows, but same problem on my Mac)

Edit : Same problem ("not enough money") with a demo cTrader account, despite the leverage in the window symbol :

Best regards.

So the message you receive is correct

@PanagiotisCharalampous

gb.bullish
09 Jul 2024, 15:33 ( Updated at: 09 Jul 2024, 17:31 )

RE: RE: RE: Leverage issue

To be clear, it means no leverage with cryptocurrencies on the cTrader platform? 

Edit : Regardless of the version of cTrader, regardless of the currency, whether on the demo account or my FTMO account, i cannot use leverage. And there is apparently nothing I can do about it. 

@gb.bullish

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Jul 2024, 05:28

RE: RE: RE: RE: Leverage issue

gb.bullish said: 

To be clear, it means no leverage with cryptocurrencies on the cTrader platform? 

Edit : Regardless of the version of cTrader, regardless of the currency, whether on the demo account or my FTMO account, i cannot use leverage. And there is apparently nothing I can do about it. 

The leverage is decided by the broker, not by the platform

@PanagiotisCharalampous

gb.bullish
10 Jul 2024, 05:56

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Leverage issue

gb.bullish said: 

The leverage is decided by the broker, not by the platform

Ok i understand, thank you for your time and for your help!

Have a nice day.

@gb.bullish