Crossover

Created at 07 Jul 2024, 12:08
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AR

aruba808

Joined 07.07.2024

Crossover
07 Jul 2024, 12:08

Will Crossover run the Windows version of cTrader on silicon Mac OS?

I have tried but it hangs waiting for a cTrader download. Not sure if there is a way to get this to work.

This would be really helpful until you have a full featured version for Mac OS.

@aruba808
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Jul 2024, 04:56

Hi there,

This setup is not supported by Spotware. Either use cTrader for Mac or run cTrader on a Windows machine.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

aruba808
08 Jul 2024, 06:22 ( Updated at: 09 Jul 2024, 05:40 )

RE: Crossover

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

This setup is not supported by Spotware. Either use cTrader for Mac or run cTrader on a Windows machine.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

The whole point of my post is that I don't want to do either of those things. 

cTrader Mac is not even fully developed at this point and is also not supported by my broker.

I am seriously concerned about the security risk of a windows machine. I would very much prefer to run on my Mac where I am reasonably secure

I get that running on crossover is not supported but I was hoping that you could at least say if it can run on Crossover or not.

@aruba808

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jul 2024, 05:45

RE: RE: Crossover

aruba808 said: 

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

The whole point of my post is that I don't want to do either of those things. 

cTrader Mac is not even fully developed at this point and is also not supported by my broker.

I am seriously concerned about the security risk of a windows machine. I would very much prefer to run on my Mac where I am reasonably secure

I get that running on crossover is not supported but I was hoping that you could at least say if it can run on Crossover or not.

Hi there,

Probably yes but at your own risk.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous