My Strategy does not appear in search result even so it fulfills all requirements

Created at 13 Jun 2024, 09:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Best.Algo.Trader

Joined 24.05.2023

My Strategy does not appear in search result even so it fulfills all requirements
13 Jun 2024, 09:02

Dear all, 

my strategy https://ct.spotware.com/copy/strategy/84203 fulfills all requirements as outlined here https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader-copy/becoming-a-strategy-provider/ but still is marked as not visible in the copy section of my cTrader Web Platform (see screenshot below).

Any idea what is going wrong here?

@Best.Algo.Trader
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Jun 2024, 10:17

Hi there,

Do you have open positions?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Best.Algo.Trader
13 Jun 2024, 11:58

RE: My Strategy does not appear in search result even so it fulfills all requirements

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Not now. But every day I open new positions and close them. As you can see from my trading history. 

@Best.Algo.Trader

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 Jun 2024, 05:12

RE: RE: My Strategy does not appear in search result even so it fulfills all requirements

Kaspricci said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Not now. But every day I open new positions and close them. As you can see from my trading history. 

As per the requirements, only strategies with open positions are shown

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Best.Algo.Trader
14 Jun 2024, 05:26 ( Updated at: 14 Jun 2024, 07:22 )

RE: RE: RE: My Strategy does not appear in search result even so it fulfills all requirements

Kaspricci said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

What is the point in requiring an open position all the time just to list the strategy? So because my strategy opens only once a day a position you won’t show it in the search results? That doesn’t sound meaningful to me.

I have a second strategy which opens more frequently positions but sometimes it also has no positions open and still is shown as active.

i will check whether status changes once a new position is opened today.

BTW: when I use the search and enter „London“ I can find my strategy. Even when not logged in into the web platform. So the statement that the strategy is not listed is only half true. 

UPDATE: I can confirm that my strategy is shown as active as soon as there is one open position. So yes, system works as designed. I just don't understand the rational behind. Why forcing strategy providers to have open positions all the time? Especially since it is potentially worse for someone to invest in a strategy which has open positions.

@Best.Algo.Trader

r2ravc
16 Jun 2024, 17:08

That is why some strategies has opened positions for nok/jpy for 0.01 lot both buy and sell positions,, 

@r2ravc

nata2792@gmail.com
17 Jun 2024, 03:15

RE: RE: RE: RE: My Strategy does not appear in search result even so it fulfills all requirements

Kaspricci said: 

Kaspricci said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

What is the point in requiring an open position all the time just to list the strategy? So because my strategy opens only once a day a position you won’t show it in the search results? That doesn’t sound meaningful to me.

I have a second strategy which opens more frequently positions but sometimes it also has no positions open and still is shown as active.

BTW: when I use the search and enter „London“ I can find my strategy. Even when not logged in into the web platform. So the statement that the strategy is not listed is only half true. 

UPDATE: I can confirm that my strategy is shown as active as soon as there is one open position. So yes, system works as designed. I just don't understand the rational behind. Why forcing strategy providers to have open positions all the time? Especially since it is potentially worse for someone to invest in a strategy which has open positions.

Yeah kind of ugly rules, I don't know why they changed to those too but anyway, using my own money cool.

@nata2792@gmail.com

Best.Algo.Trader
18 Jun 2024, 07:20 ( Updated at: 18 Jun 2024, 09:04 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: My Strategy does not appear in search result even so it fulfills all requirements

nata2792@gmail.com said: 

Kaspricci said: 

Kaspricci said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Yeah kind of ugly rules, I don't know why they changed to those too but anyway, using my own money cool.

I created a suggestion to remove this rule or replace it by something like recent activity: https://ctrader.com/forum/suggestions/44178 

@Best.Algo.Trader

Best.Algo.Trader
18 Jun 2024, 07:24 ( Updated at: 18 Jun 2024, 09:04 )

RE: My Strategy does not appear in search result even so it fulfills all requirements

r2ravc said: 

That is why some strategies has opened positions for nok/jpy for 0.01 lot both buy and sell positions,, 

Interesting. Didn't noticed that but it shows that this rule is unneccesary.

@Best.Algo.Trader