Price manipulation - explanation needed - Wriggle Fast Comback strategy

Created at 10 May 2024, 05:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SU

Supro

Joined 10.05.2024

Price manipulation - explanation needed - Wriggle Fast Comback strategy
10 May 2024, 05:17

Why did my copy account make a loss when the strategy provider made a profit? And why the opening price of XAUUSD at 00:23:50 UTC+0 (10/05/2024) is 2348.48 for me, 2354.20 for my provider and the actual price on the chart was around 2347. The strategy provider is Wriggle Fast Comeback. Please explain why the exchange rate was manipulated and I demand compensation in the form of a refund to my account. This is not the first time that such price manipulation has occurred while copying the Wriggle Fast Comeback strategy. Everything is visible below in the screenshots.

my account

strategy provider

price at the moment

@Supro
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 May 2024, 05:48

Hi there

cTrader Copy results are not guaranteed and may vary compared to those of the strategy provider due to the following reasons:

• Differences between your positions' entry and closing prices and those of the strategy provider
  • Differences in the size of your positions compared to those of the strategy provider
  • Variations in the commissions you pay to your broker compared to those of the strategy provider
  • The possibility that your broker does not offer the same trading symbols used in the strategy
  • Insufficient margin in your account to copy some of the orders executed in the strategy
  • Differences in the stop out levels, which might cause your account to be stopped out, while the strategy provider continues to trade

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Supro
10 May 2024, 17:16 ( Updated at: 11 May 2024, 06:42 )

RE: Price manipulation - explanation needed - Wriggle Fast Comback strategy

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there

cTrader Copy results are not guaranteed and may vary compared to those of the strategy provider due to the following reasons:

• Differences between your positions' entry and closing prices and those of the strategy provider
  • Differences in the size of your positions compared to those of the strategy provider
  • Variations in the commissions you pay to your broker compared to those of the strategy provider
  • The possibility that your broker does not offer the same trading symbols used in the strategy
  • Insufficient margin in your account to copy some of the orders executed in the strategy
  • Differences in the stop out levels, which might cause your account to be stopped out, while the strategy provider continues to trade

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Thank you for your answer. I know all the reasons you gave, but none of them have anything to do with my case, that at the same moment of opening a position, a different base price is visible to me and the supplier, a difference of 6 points. Please look at the screenshots showing the opening of positions with me and with the supplier. Same hour and completely different price. This is not how it should be …

@Supro

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 May 2024, 07:32

RE: RE: Price manipulation - explanation needed - Wriggle Fast Comback strategy

domino said: 

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Thank you for your answer. I know all the reasons you gave, but none of them have anything to do with my case, that at the same moment of opening a position, a different base price is visible to me and the supplier, a difference of 6 points. Please look at the screenshots showing the opening of positions with me and with the supplier. Same hour and completely different price. This is not how it should be …

Hi there,

It's explained in the first point. If you trade on a different price feed than your strategy provider, then you will get different entry and exit prices as well.

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

r2ravc
28 May 2024, 18:38 ( Updated at: 29 May 2024, 05:14 )

This is due to margin cause by difference in leverage i think… 

When wriggle opens a trade and it goes in a losing position what he will do is to close the losing position and open a trade in an opposite direction with larger lot size to hedge the losing position.  

unfortunately due difference in leverage, your copied losing position will also be closed, but you will not be able to copy his new open position in opposite direction, the reason behind is by the time he close his losing position and open new trade with big lot size, your margin is not enough to copy it. 

this is my theory only, so the solution to this is to find a broker that offers leverage as near or the same as the strategy provider,  1:500 or 1:1000.. 

@r2ravc