Big performance difference between copy and copied strategy - 60d test w/ live account

Created at 17 Oct 2023, 04:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AN

antares7

Joined 17.10.2023

Big performance difference between copy and copied strategy - 60d test w/ live account
17 Oct 2023, 04:19

Hello,

I've been testing cTrader Copy with small amounts and I am noticing that one of the strategies I am copying has a very different performance from my copy account.

Information:

• I've deposited $387 on 15/aug/2023, that is the only transaction for this strategy so far (not even fee withdrawals).
  • The equity value of the copied strategy is around $200, so my equity is higher and I should not have any problems related to lot sizes.
  • I checked some other strategies I am copying and they seem to be copying perfectly, so this seems to be specific of this strategy.
  • I already had similar (big) problems with other strategies.

Here we can see the huge difference, this is my copy:

This is the copied strategy:

If we check the ROI chart of the original strategy, it never had a negative month and you can see that my current All Time ROI is -10%.

This makes me skeptical about the copy feature itself. Now I am testing with small values, but how can I escalate my investments if I am not sure that my copy actually reflects the original strategy? This totally breaks the point of searching for strategies with good historical performance.

@antares7
Replies

HVofficiel
02 Nov 2023, 01:11 ( Updated at: 02 Nov 2023, 01:33 )

same problem

Same issue here, includes ROI calculations to not only trades. 

@HVofficiel

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Nov 2023, 07:04

Hi there,

There are several reasons this can happen. Here is a list of them

1. The entry and exit prices of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  2. The size of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  3. The commissions you pay to your broker differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  4. Your broker does not offer the same symbols which are being traded in the strategy.
  5. You did not have enough margin to follow some of the orders placed in the strategy.
  6. You may have a different Stop-Out Level causing your account to be stopped out, while the Strategy Provider continues to trade.

To determine which one applies to your case, you need to compare your trades one to one and see what are the differences.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous