Icmarkets copy trader question

Created at 11 Jul 2023, 10:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IS

islandpaddy

Joined 11.07.2023

Icmarkets copy trader question
11 Jul 2023, 10:44

I’ve started to provide a copy strategy for a few friends.  However yesterday my account generated 4.71% but on both my friends accounts the gains were 13.99% 

then today I’ve looked again and I’m in a Eurusd trade (spread is 0.0) I was in drawdown trading 1 lot.  By 20 aud. (I’m on Icmarkets) but on my copy strategy it shows they were in profit of 185.  Anyone able to explain?

many thanks

@islandpaddy
Replies

PanagiotisChar
11 Jul 2023, 11:02

Hi there,

There are a lot of reasons that can cause discrepancies. Here is a list of them

1. The entry and exit prices of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  2. The size of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  3. The commissions you pay to your broker differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  4. Your broker does not offer the same symbols which are being traded in the strategy.
  5. You did not have enough margin to follow some of the orders placed in the strategy.
  6. You may have a different Stop-Out Level causing your account to be stopped out, while the Strategy Provider continues to trade.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar

islandpaddy
11 Jul 2023, 11:07

RE:

thanks for the reply panagiotischar.  I am the strategy provider.  And it’s been set up on default settings as I just wanted to provide them with my entry and exits.  Do you have an idea of what settings I should put things at

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

There are a lot of reasons that can cause discrepancies. Here is a list of them

1. The entry and exit prices of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  2. The size of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  3. The commissions you pay to your broker differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  4. Your broker does not offer the same symbols which are being traded in the strategy.
  5. You did not have enough margin to follow some of the orders placed in the strategy.
  6. You may have a different Stop-Out Level causing your account to be stopped out, while the Strategy Provider continues to trade.

Aieden Technologies

@islandpaddy

PanagiotisChar
12 Jul 2023, 09:19

Hi there,

The best way to achieve this is to ask your followers to use the same broker and account type as you.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

islandpaddy
12 Jul 2023, 09:35

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

The best way to achieve this is to ask your followers to use the same broker and account type as you.

Aieden Technologies

They do.  We all use Icmarkets.  

@islandpaddy