Can I copy a ctrader copy account to another ctrader account or mt4/5

Created at 03 Jul 2023, 14:24
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RA

rastafari2011b

Joined 03.07.2023

Can I copy a ctrader copy account to another ctrader account or mt4/5
03 Jul 2023, 14:24

Hi there!

I'm trying to get ctrader to copy a ctrader copy account (it's following a strategy) I'm following, but all the commercially available tools don't seem to be able to copy an account that is designated as a 'copy trading account'.

Once I subscribe to a strategy, the goal is to replicate these trades on mt4/mt5. Had the trades been done from one of the trading accounts, it would have been just fine

Whenever the tool I use requests access to ctrader, I don't even see the copy trading account listed.

For example, I funded my live account 70XXXXXX with $3699

Then I subscribed to Strategy XYZCopytrade with $3699

ctrader automatically created a live Copy Trader Account with the allocate funds

The current setup looks like this : 

Now, I'm trying Duplikium, cMAM to copy the trades in the Copytrade account to another broker MT5 (demo), but none of the tools can connect to the copy trade account to do any copy to any other ctrader or mt5. When the API asks to connect to my ctrader account, the parent account of the copy trade shows up (now with balance of $0), but the copy trade account does not show anywhere.

Is there any tool that copy the Copy Trade Account trades (subscribed to a strategy) to another ctrader account or mt4/5? I'm testing on an MT5 demo account, so it would be great to get something that works with the copy trade account.

Thank you in advance.

@rastafari2011b
Replies

PanagiotisChar
04 Jul 2023, 08:17

Hi there,

This is not possible. You can't access copy trading accounts through API.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar