misleading the strategy ranking by deleting the bad/loss trades!!, is it possible this was done by the Strategy provider?!

Created at 22 Jun 2023, 19:30
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MV

mvajdi2002

Joined 02.12.2020

misleading the strategy ranking by deleting the bad/loss trades!!, is it possible this was done by the Strategy provider?!
22 Jun 2023, 19:30

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I selected a strategy provider based on their ranking and drawdown. The provider had some positions on Gold that were losing money - all 8 trades were in the red in the morning, and by the afternoon, the loss was near 39%. I decided to withdraw my investment because of the significant loss.

However, when I checked the strategy provider's main account, I couldn't find those trades in the list. In fact, the provider's history for that day showed positive results, and there was no record of those losing trades.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience where a strategy provider deletes losing trades. Is it possible that the provider intentionally removed those trades to make their performance look better?

Thanks

@mvajdi2002
Replies

PanagiotisChar
23 Jun 2023, 08:41

Hi there,

Strategy providers cannot delete trades. Provably you were looking at open positions. History contains information only for closed deals i.e. closed positions.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar