Improve Equity-to-Equity model

Created at 30 Apr 2023, 01:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AN

anbertse

Joined 30.04.2023

Improve Equity-to-Equity model
30 Apr 2023, 01:09

As I see here in the forum, there are very many of us with a lower leverage account, inclusive myself. We are very limited in choosing a strategy provider because the most of them use a higher leverage, for example 1:500, 1:1000.

For now, we can’t really use these higher leverage providers because of our lower margins. I see many questions about this and see people who are looking for a high leverage broker.

This problem could be completely eliminated very easily by adding just one more parameter to Equity-to-Equity copying model. It could be called “Volume Ratio”, and it should be an adjustable parameter.

For example: To use a strategy provider with 1:300 leverage with my 1:30 account, I could set this parameter to 0.1. In this way, every trade volume on my account will be 0.1 of the provider’s trade volume. So easy it could be done.

I hope the developers can take care of that.

@anbertse
Replies

PanagiotisChar
30 Apr 2023, 10:52

Hi there, 

If they do that, then it is not an equity to equity model anymore, since the follower's risk is not aligned with the strategy provider's risk anymore.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar