Strategy description panel - Why so restricted ?

Created at 08 Feb 2023, 00:47
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NC

ncel01

Joined 19.03.2020

Strategy description panel - Why so restricted ?
08 Feb 2023, 00:47

Dear Spotware,

As you might know, a strategy description contains vital information to be provided to all the current and potential investors.
This is the strategy cover which, among other, can contain some warnings/rules to follow, etc.

Consequently:

• Why is this supposedly limited to 1024 characters? Even an SMS allows longer text now a days.
  • Why can't images be uploaded ?
  • Why is "@" not allowed ? Can't providers be conytacted if they want to?

Actually, it has been really a mess for me to fit a description given all these limitations.
It is not only about the 1024 characters limit but also affected by the formatting. I've noticed that, when trying to edit the previous description, the save button automatically gets disabled by only placing the cursor in the text box, without changing any content.

Why has this been limited / made annoying to this point and why is this kept like this?
I believe this is something you've already been aware of for a long time.

Thanks for clarifying.

@ncel01
Replies

ncel01
15 Feb 2023, 17:06

RE:

ncel01 said:

Dear Spotware,

As you might know, a strategy description contains vital information to be provided to all the current and potential investors.
This is the strategy cover which, among other, can contain some warnings/rules to follow, etc.

Consequently:

• Why is this supposedly limited to 1024 characters? Even an SMS allows longer text now a days.

Actually, it has been really a mess for me to fit a description given all these limitations.
It is not only about the 1024 characters limit but also affected by the formatting. I've noticed that, when trying to edit the previous description, the save button automatically gets disabled by only placing the cursor in the text box, without changing any content.

Why has this been limited / made annoying to this point and why is this kept like this?

Thanks for clarifying.

Dear Spotware,

Is there any chance that this will be improved in the future?

Thanks.

@ncel01

ncel01
21 Feb 2023, 13:59

RE: RE:

ncel01 said:

ncel01 said:

Dear Spotware,

Consequently:

Thanks for clarifying.

Dear Spotware,

Is there any chance that this will be improved in the future?

Thanks.

Dear Spotware,

A friendly reminder to inform on this.

Thanks.

@ncel01

ncel01
28 Feb 2023, 16:00

Dear Spotware,

Thanks for informing.

@ncel01

Spotware
01 Mar 2023, 11:58

Dear trader,

After reviewing your suggestion, the team has added these requests in the product's backlog. Please note that for now you can add images using links.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

ncel01
02 Aug 2023, 12:55

Dear cTrader Team,

Is there any update on this?

It would be also interesting to make a pop-up window available before an investor starts following a strategy. This is a much more effective way to provide any information/ warn Investors than a strategy description which can easly be overlooked.

In addition to this, an option to request for a “key” (e.g.: via email) in order to follow a strategy, would be of value since this would make sure that a communication between provider and investors would have already taken place before a strategy starts being followed.

Thanks for considering these options for the benefit of all traders.

@ncel01

Spotware
03 Aug 2023, 05:51

Dear trader,

We do not have any updates regarding this at the moment.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

ncel01
20 Dec 2023, 13:57 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 06:47 )

Dear cTrader Team,

1. Is there any progress/update on this issue?
2. Could you please shed light on the factors hindering its improvement?

Since this is not expected to be resource-intensive nor time-consuming nor high complex, I wonder why this still remain unchanged.

As far as I can see, this concern was already addressed years ago, but so far, no improvements have been implemented:
https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-copy/24635

Thank you for providing the most elementary tools that allow a transparent and clear strategy description that will benefit the whole cTrader community.

@ncel01

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Dec 2023, 06:58

RE: Strategy description panel - Why so restricted ?

ncel01 said: 

Dear cTrader Team,

1. Is there any progress/update on this issue?
2. Could you please shed light on the factors hindering its improvement?

Since this is not expected to be resource-intensive nor time-consuming nor high complex, I wonder why this still remain unchanged.

As far as I can see, this concern was already addressed years ago, but so far, no improvements have been implemented:
https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-copy/24635

Thank you for providing the most elementary tools that allow a transparent and clear strategy description that will benefit the whole cTrader community.

Hi there,

There is nothing new to report on this. It's a low priority task and has not been implemented yet.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
22 Dec 2023, 12:55

Dear Panagiotis,

I am not persuaded by the justification provided.
While the information has been noted, I remain unconvinced by the argument that a simple change, which would only take a few minutes to implement, has not been prioritized for over three years. This suggests me that there is no intention to address this issue at all.

Moreover, a reason for the default 1000-character limit remains unexplained.
As you can imagine, it is not a nice at all, for me as trader, to notice that such a restrictive limitation has been imposed and maintained, without any valid justification, despite its obvious and well-known drawbacks.

@ncel01

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Dec 2023, 13:02

RE: Strategy description panel - Why so restricted ?

ncel01 said: 

Dear Panagiotis,

While the information has been noted, I remain unconvinced by the argument that a simple change, which would only take a few minutes to implement, has not been prioritized for over three years. This suggests me that there is no intention to address this issue at all.

As you can imagine, it is not a nice at all, for me as trader, to notice that such a restrictive limitation has been imposed and maintained, without any valid justification, despite its obvious and well-known drawbacks.

Hi ncel01,

Your opinion is noted and forwarded to the product team and management but as a matter of policy, we will not be discussing our decisions and the reasons behind them on public forums. 

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ncel01
22 Dec 2023, 13:51

RE: RE: Strategy description panel - Why so restricted ?

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

ncel01 said: 

Dear Panagiotis,

Hi ncel01,

Your opinion is noted and forwarded to the product team and management but as a matter of policy, we will not be discussing our decisions and the reasons behind them on public forums. 

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

That's appreciated. Thank you.

As a matter of policy, we will not be discussing our decisions and the reasons behind them on public forums. 
I understand.

@ncel01