Create all currently opened trades, right when start copying the strategy?!

Created at 06 Jan 2023, 07:30
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MO

motasemf.a.alisawi

Joined 10.02.2017

Create all currently opened trades, right when start copying the strategy?!
06 Jan 2023, 07:30

Hello there

1- I noticed that once I start coping a strategy, it opens all same trades at the current price that it may have created a long time ago. Is this correct?

2- If this is true, is there a way to copy the trades that he will create after start copying only, or even closed the opened positions?

3- If this is true and I cant do nothing about it, isn't that risky according to your experience?

many thanks 

@motasemf.a.alisawi
Replies

PanagiotisChar
09 Jan 2023, 10:05

Hi there,

cTrader Copy works exactly like when investing in funds. When you put money into a fund, your money is allocated towards the open positions of the fund at the given moment. So your investment's performance will reflect the fund's performance from that point and onward. If a fund/strategy has a position open at any moment, then it means that the fund manager/strategy provider still believes that the market will move further to his favor, else he would have closed the position.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar