Equity Stop Loss did not worked

Created at 28 Nov 2022, 17:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RF

rfarias.nascimento

Joined 28.11.2022

Equity Stop Loss did not worked
28 Nov 2022, 17:31

Hello, I would like to know why the Equity Stop Loss did not work for me in one strategy that I was following.

My Equity Stop Loss was set to 50 USD but went to 0 USD!!!!

Why?? Someone can explain it for me?

@rfarias.nascimento
Replies

PanagiotisChar
29 Nov 2022, 09:00

Hi there,

You should talk to your broker regarding this.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

tadas8891
29 Nov 2022, 15:05

RE:

rfarias.nascimento said:

Hello, I would like to know why the Equity Stop Loss did not work for me in one strategy that I was following.

Are you sure your money not been sent back to your main account? I got stopped already like 2 times at -50%. When you been stopped remaining amount go back to your main account. 

@tadas8891

rfarias.nascimento
29 Nov 2022, 16:18 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE:

Hi, give a look in my screen.

The system only returned to my account 1.10 USD when the Equity Stop Loss was 50 USD.

tadas8891 said:

rfarias.nascimento said:

Are you sure your money not been sent back to your main account? I got stopped already like 2 times at -50%. When you been stopped remaining amount go back to your main account. 

@rfarias.nascimento

tadas8891
30 Nov 2022, 12:32

RE: RE: RE:

rfarias.nascimento said:

Hi, give a look in my screen.

The system only returned to my account 1.10 USD when the Equity Stop Loss was 50 USD.

You right. You need to contact your broker. Its most likely slippage. Maybe there was very volatile move in the market and your strategy provider did not used any money/risk management. 

@tadas8891