trade copy issue QQQ and win by odds

Created at 13 Nov 2022, 15:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HI

hitcola

Joined 09.11.2022

trade copy issue QQQ and win by odds
13 Nov 2022, 15:37

Dears, 

- you may know the loss occurred at 10/11/2022 on QQQ strategy and "win by odds X3"

- while there was no loss on "win by odds" the master account? how can QQQ lose while "win by odds" not, while QQQ is copying "win by odds"

- also the number of trades at 10/11/2022 on "Win by odds" is only 43 trade while the number of trades on QQQ is 68 !!!  any my copy account (I was copying "QQQ") has 58 trades, why there is mismatch among the three accounts !!

someone please explain

@hitcola
Replies

hitcola
14 Nov 2022, 19:24

anyone form cTrader can answer please

is there anyone here from cTrader can reply please. 

@hitcola

quantumtrading
14 Nov 2022, 20:07

There was a loss on both strategies, although not of the same entity. You will never know what the provider (hzha0067) has set as copying parameters for his slave accounts and you will never know what he did in those moments to make the strategy named QQQ perform worse than other strategies.

All you know is that he is using a martingale system that you can use your own without paying a commission of 30%. The strategy is simply, wait for a consistent movement of an asset upwards or downwards and open a trade in the opposite direction (retracement), if the trade goes in profit close it in green, if it goes against you keep opening trades increasing the volume.

Unfortunately for you this strategy will likely make you money for a while till the moment the movement and trend will be so consistent (and the retracement so inconsistent) that you will run out of equity. It is the very nature of the martingale.

There will be no refund my friend, take the loss and mostly learn from your mistakes, do not follow unhealthy strategies.

@quantumtrading

hitcola
15 Nov 2022, 04:53

RE:

quantumtrading said:

There was a loss on both strategies, although not of the same entity. You will never know what the provider (hzha0067) has set as copying parameters for his slave accounts and you will never know what he did in those moments to make the strategy named QQQ perform worse than other strategies.

All you know is that he is using a martingale system that you can use your own without paying a commission of 30%. The strategy is simply, wait for a consistent movement of an asset upwards or downwards and open a trade in the opposite direction (retracement), if the trade goes in profit close it in green, if it goes against you keep opening trades increasing the volume.

Unfortunately for you this strategy will likely make you money for a while till the moment the movement and trend will be so consistent (and the retracement so inconsistent) that you will run out of equity. It is the very nature of the martingale.

There will be no refund my friend, take the loss and mostly learn from your mistakes, do not follow unhealthy strategies.

but why my copy account is different than the main QQQ strategy? since I am copying the QQQ I think my copy account history should exactly match the QQQ strategy? 

@hitcola

PanagiotisChar
15 Nov 2022, 08:06

Hi hitcola,

There are many reasons that can cause differences between your account and the strategy's account. Here are some

1. The entry and exit prices of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  2. The size of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  3. The commissions you pay to your broker differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  4. Your broker does not offer the same symbols which are being traded in the strategy.
  5. You did not have enough margin to follow some of the orders placed in the strategy.
  6. You may have a different Stop-Out Level causing your account to be stopped out, while the Strategy Provider continues to trade.
  7. You strategy provider has made deposits/withdrawals which cause equity to equity recalculation.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

hitcola
15 Nov 2022, 09:35

so are you sure this can't be a bug at cTrader copy

if hzha0067 is seeing this, can you tell us if the loss you've got on QQQ is normal based on the markets conditions. or do you think that is not normal and there was an issue on cTrader.

the reason I am saying "a bug" is because a day before the loss, there was a trade opened on my copy account and this trade was not opened on the strategy account. anyone can refer to this topic created by hzha0067 "https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-copy/39316"  --

@hitcola

PanagiotisChar
15 Nov 2022, 09:57

Hi hitcola,

I am just citing the valid reasons when this can happen. If you still think the trade is not legit, ask your broker for an explanation.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

VorsichtFalle
20 Nov 2022, 14:41

RE: so are you sure this can't be a bug at cTrader copy

hitcola said:

if hzha0067 is seeing this, can you tell us if the loss you've got on QQQ is normal based on the markets conditions. or do you think that is not normal and there was an issue on cTrader.

the reason I am saying "a bug" is because a day before the loss, there was a trade opened on my copy account and this trade was not opened on the strategy account. anyone can refer to this topic created by hzha0067 "https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-copy/39316"  --

Don't forget Duplikium. There could have been a glitch aswell. Only "win by odds" (id 6313) is traded on cTrader and trades never leave the ecosystem. wbox3, qqq etc. are copied (from cTrader) via Duplikium to cTrader. This is a more complex setup and might result in unwanted side effects during trading around high vola news event. Just don't point to Spotware only, their platform is just a part of the story. And i don't blame anyone, i'm just adding a fact which probably has been overseen.

@VorsichtFalle

hitcola
27 Nov 2022, 12:02

Hello hzha0067, do you have 2 minutes from your valuable time to tell us what was the real story?? we lost to much money, we can't just move on. at least we need an explanation from you. 

@hitcola