there are trades opened on copy account, but not opened on the strategy account

Created at 09 Nov 2022, 00:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

hzha0067

Joined 19.05.2020

there are trades opened on copy account, but not opened on the strategy account
09 Nov 2022, 00:57

this is the  strategy trade history

this is the copy account trade history, as you can see the red line trades should not be opened by the ctrader copy. why there were trades opened on your side?

@hzha0067
Replies

thatandy
09 Nov 2022, 10:22 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Additional Information for the issue.

hello, 

We have issues with ctrader copy, copier accounts were opening trades that do not exist in the strategy provider account. 

STRATEGY NAME : win by odds x 3

FOLLOWER BROKER AND ACCOUNT NUMBER : ICMARKETS (1250679)

The trades(Highlighted) are unexpectedly opened in the copier account, which was not opened from the strategy provider account. 

Copy Account Screenshot -

Highlighted Trades do not exist in the strategy provider account 

Strategy Provider Account -

@thatandy

hitcola
09 Nov 2022, 18:57

I have the same issue

I have the same issue

I stopped copying for now

please let me know when the issue fixed to restart copying.

@hitcola

Spotware
10 Nov 2022, 11:16

Hi hzha0067,

After investigating the above case, it seems the follower stopped following the strategy and restarted after a while.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

thatandy
10 Nov 2022, 11:44

Re:Ctrader Team

Hi Ctrader Team, 

We noticed the follower accounts were opening many positions unexpectedly whereas the master account did not have such positions opened.

We talked with the strategy provider and we asked followers to close any trades that are not showing on the strategy provider account.

We are really worried more unexpected positions will be opened in the follower accounts, so we stop the strategy. After a couple of hours, we reopen the strategy. 

As you can see, hitcola also reported facing the same issue, which was before we stop the strategy yesterday. 

There are many users still awaiting this to be fixed to restart copying. 

That will be really helpful if you can investigate further, and let us know why those positions were opened unexpectedly. How can we avoid this happnes in the future? 

thanks, 

@thatandy

thatandy
10 Nov 2022, 11:50 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Hi hzha0067,

After investigating the above case, it seems the follower stopped following the strategy and restarted after a while.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

As you can see from the follower account, all those positions are opened via Ctrader Copy Channel, we are keen to know how these were opened, it seems not copying as the provider does not have such positions. 

@thatandy

ctid1373829
10 Nov 2022, 12:13 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Same issue here.  4 unauthorized positions.  Must figure out the exact reason and let us know otherwise whole cTrader reputation is at stake.  Totally unacceptable!      

ABSolute
10 Nov 2022, 12:14 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE:

Same problem here, one "ghost trade" was open and got closed because the strategy provider stopped providing.

This was on a TopFX account, see details below

@ABSolute

RBU00383
10 Nov 2022, 12:21 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Same problem here yesterday on 09-11-2022

This trade is not present on the provider of the strategie:

@RBU00383

ullisses100
10 Nov 2022, 14:05

operations opening alone

2 accounts of mine opened operations by themselves!!

@ullisses100

anxzac
10 Nov 2022, 16:00

I got hit by a loss

I'm copying the reader who does not have positions and I'm suddenly hit by a loss.

@anxzac

ctid5270959
10 Nov 2022, 16:33 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Same - QQQ opened erroneous positions not based on it's master account.

Trades opened by cServer - not from master account

For some reason cServer opened a whole bunch of positions on this account that were not triggered by the strategy provider.

This appears to be a major fault in the spotware system!

@ctid5270959

Spotware
11 Nov 2022, 08:43

Dear traders,

We have investigated the reports thoroughly and we can see that the following events took place

Trades on followers accounts missing from strategy provider

The strategy provider has made deposits and withdrawals that caused equity to equity readjustments to followers and positions to be opened and closed.

cServer Stop Outs

A lot of stop outs have been triggered for this strategy. These trades are marked as trades coming from cServer. Stop out ever might be different between brokers and accounts. so they might take place at a different time for each follower.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

ABSolute
11 Nov 2022, 09:39 ( Updated at: 11 Nov 2022, 09:43 )

RE:

The deposit and withdraw on the 8th might explain why I had an extra trade on my copy account. However it does not explain why that trade was not closed once the correlated trade on the master account was closed. This seems to me as unwanted behavior/bug. Another strange thing is that this extra trade was not in place on all copy accounts of that strategy.

Also the events (many trades opened on the copy accounts which are not present on the master account) on the 10th are not explained by the deposit/withdraw done on the 8th.

@ABSolute

jamn_zgz
11 Nov 2022, 09:51 ( Updated at: 11 Nov 2022, 09:52 )

platform loading error and unexpected operations...

I am in the same situation, I have a large number of open trades in a matter of milliseconds. In addition, I would have stopped the operations before, but the platform was paralyzed, and I could not see the open operations to be able to stop them.
Since they have apparently not been created by the provider of the strategy.

I can attach the necessary documentation to solve the error.

I was copying QQQ.

Waiting for your answer.
Thanks.

@jamn_zgz

thatandy
11 Nov 2022, 11:15 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear traders,

We have investigated the reports thoroughly and we can see that the following events took place

The strategy provider has made deposits and withdrawals that caused equity to equity readjustments to followers and positions to be opened and closed.

cServer Stop Outs

A lot of stop outs have been triggered for this strategy. These trades are marked as trades coming from cServer. Stop out ever might be different between brokers and accounts. so they might take place at a different time for each follower.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

Hi Ctrader Team, 

Deposit and withdrawal to open and close unexpected trades do not make sense when NO TRADING POSITIONS WERE OPEN AT ALL. 

Please see below the strategy provider statement. No positions were opening during the time of the withdrawal, 
All trades were closed before withdrawal happened, are these trades expected to open even if 0 positions were opened on the strategy provider account?
Does any withdrawal have a chance to open unexpected trade? We need to understand better to avoid this happening in the future. 

Trading Timestamp

Withdraw Timestamp

@thatandy

hitcola
12 Nov 2022, 10:48 ( Updated at: 12 Nov 2022, 10:49 )

refund

so, apparently there is a mismatch between the copy and the master account, so can you just cancel all the trades done from 8/11/22 to 10/11/2022 and refund us please. I was copying odds X 3 and QQQ 

@hitcola

hitcola
15 Nov 2022, 09:37

I don't think there is any logical reason on the world that can cause such behaviour !! even if the main strategy owner made a deposit or withdrawal, how can a trade be opened on the copy account without being opened on the main strategy account. this is totally insane!

@hitcola

jamn_zgz
15 Nov 2022, 14:59 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

Además del ingreso de capital, que como ya han comentado y no se produjo en el momento de realización de las operaciones, con lo cual no es argumento defendible. 

Existen otros problemas por resolver, como las operaciones que no aparecen en la cuenta del proveedor, pero si en las cuentas de copia, el parón que se produjo en la forma el jueves pasado alrededor de las tres y no permitió ver la operativa ni realizar ninguna acción...

Los problemas son los mismos, y soluciones de momento, no se ha dado ninguna...

A la Espera vuestra respuesta y solución a los problemas sucedidos.

Spotware said:

Dear traders,

cServer Stop Outs

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@jamn_zgz

hughgallagher2
15 Nov 2022, 21:30

@ctrader Team .... there has quite clearly been a screwed up here with trades being placed that should not have been?

Are you denying that trades were placed on copier accounts that were not placed by the wbox3 trader?

@hughgallagher2

jamn_zgz
06 Dec 2022, 12:00 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE:

Spotware dijo:

Estimados comerciantes,

Hemos investigado los informes a fondo y podemos ver que ocurrieron los siguientes eventos

Operaciones en cuentas de seguidores que faltan en el proveedor de estrategia

El proveedor de la estrategia ha realizado depósitos y retiros que provocaron reajustes de capital a capital para seguidores y posiciones que se abrieron y cerraron.

Paradas de cServer

Se han activado muchas paradas para esta estrategia. Estos intercambios se marcan como intercambios provenientes de cServer. Stop out ever puede ser diferente entre corredores y cuentas. por lo que pueden tener lugar en un momento diferente para cada seguidor.

Saludos,

cTrader Equipo

Hello,
We are still waiting for the information to update us since the failures were evident and we are not obtaining any type of response. I hope you can clarify the problem suffered.
Thanks in advance.

@jamn_zgz