Huge ROI mismatch between provider and personal copy account

Created at 27 Jul 2022, 18:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jamn_zgz

Joined 14.09.2021

Huge ROI mismatch between provider and personal copy account
27 Jul 2022, 18:01

Good afternoon,

I've been copytrading with ctrader for a few months now, and there are differences between the real account and my personal account with which I copy. But this month is very exaggerated, the account that I follow has an ROI of 9.63% and mine personal 0.53%. How is such a big difference possible?

Waiting for your answer. All the best

@jamn_zgz
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Aug 2022, 14:06

Hi there,

There are many reasons that can cause discrepancies in results. See a list below

1. The entry and exit prices of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  2. The size of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  3. The commissions you pay to your broker differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  4. Your broker does not offer the same symbols which are being traded in the strategy.
  5. You did not have enough margin to follow some of the orders placed in the strategy.
  6. You may have a different Stop-Out Level causing your account to be stopped out, while the Strategy Provider continues to trade.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

vtradeinvestimentos
09 Mar 2023, 15:55 ( Updated at: 09 Mar 2023, 15:57 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi there,

There are many reasons that can cause discrepancies in results. See a list below

1. The entry and exit prices of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  2. The size of your positions differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  3. The commissions you pay to your broker differ to those of the Strategy Provider.
  4. Your broker does not offer the same symbols which are being traded in the strategy.
  5. You did not have enough margin to follow some of the orders placed in the strategy.
  6. You may have a different Stop-Out Level causing your account to be stopped out, while the Strategy Provider continues to trade.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Hi PanagiotisCharalampous,

I'm from Brazil and I'm having problems with my copier account. 
The master account makes 4% profit and the copying account makes 2%. 
It only does half. I saw that you mention 6 possible causes but none is my case. 
Can you help me narrow this gap in some other way? 
I know there is a solution because the accounts that I am the copier do not have such a big difference. 
Thank you very much in advance for your attention.

@vtradeinvestimentos