How to link a VPS to a single account

Created at 21 Feb 2022, 14:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FL

florent.herb

Joined 04.02.2022

How to link a VPS to a single account
21 Feb 2022, 14:32

Hi PanagiotisCharalampous,

First thank you for your previous replies to my questions :).

I have a new one!

I wish to manage accounts on behalf of other persons. Instead of having a single VPS that manages all the accounts in one ctrader id I wish for each person to subscribe to a VPS service that will take care only of there individual account. But for people not used to these platforms to be also able to manage their account on their behalf. I can manage several Remote Desktop so more than one VPS but I wanted to know how to link each VPS to a specific account or ctrader id. Is it possible to do it without creating a new customer account with a broker? 

Thank you.

best Regards,

Florent

@florent.herb
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Feb 2022, 14:41

Hi Florent,

I am not sure I understand your question. On each VPS you can login with any cTrader ID you want.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

florent.herb
21 Feb 2022, 14:52

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Florent,

I am not sure I understand your question. On each VPS you can login with any cTrader ID you want.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

To your view, if there are 2 ctrader IDs. Then a VPS will manage only the accounts on the opened ctrader id? 
Or on both of them?

@florent.herb

florent.herb
21 Feb 2022, 14:52

RE:

Hi Florent,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

To your view, if there are 2 ctrader IDs. Then a VPS will manage only the accounts on the opened ctrader id? 
Or on both of them?

@florent.herb

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Feb 2022, 15:09

Hi Florent,

I still have a hard time understanding your question. A VPS is just a computer running a OS, Windows in this case. It works exactly as your laptop. You can operate it as you wish. You can open as many instances of cTrader you want and login to as many cTrader IDs you wish.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

florent.herb
21 Feb 2022, 15:18

RE:

Hi Florent,

I still have a hard time understanding your question. A VPS is just a computer running a OS, Windows in this case. It works exactly as your laptop. You can operate it as you wish. You can open as many instances of cTrader you want and login to as many cTrader IDs you wish.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Yes I know but my question is what instances will the VPS manage. If 2 cTraders ID and 2 VPS: VPS 1 linked to cTrader ID1 (opened) and VPS 2 linked with cTrader ID 2 (opened).

The VPS 1 will only manage the cTrader ID 1 opened or both of them? I am trying to understand so that is why I also have a hard time describing it^^.

@florent.herb

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Feb 2022, 15:23

Hi Florent,

I don't understand what you mean when you say "VPS 1 linked...". A VPS is not linked to anything by its own. If you launch cTrader on VPS 1 and login with cTrader ID 1, then you will have access to cTrader ID 1 accounts. If you login with cTrader ID 2, cTrader ID 2 accounts. If you login to both cTrader IDs, then you will have access to both.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

florent.herb
21 Feb 2022, 15:53

RE:

Hi Florent,

I don't understand what you mean when you say "VPS 1 linked...". A VPS is not linked to anything by its own. If you launch cTrader on VPS 1 and login with cTrader ID 1, then you will have access to cTrader ID 1 accounts. If you login with cTrader ID 2, cTrader ID 2 accounts. If you login to both cTrader IDs, then you will have access to both.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Thank you very much for your time. Last question: if VPS 1 and VPS 2 are launched (and not linked) to the same cTrader ID with 2 accounts in it. Can the accounts be managed separately? Can I start the instances on the Account 1 with the VPS 1 (with instances on Account 2 on Pause) and start the instances on the Account 2 with the VPS 2 (with instances on Account 1 on Pause)? Thank you :)

@florent.herb

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Feb 2022, 15:54

Hi Florent,

Yes you can. You can even do this on the same VPS.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous