Withdrawals fees

Created at 11 Feb 2022, 09:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FL

florent.herb

Joined 04.02.2022

Withdrawals fees
11 Feb 2022, 09:51

hi,

Let's say 5% of management fees and 10% of performance fees. What the total % of fees per withdrawal would be? Thank you.

Regards,

HERB Florent

@florent.herb
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Feb 2022, 10:00

Hi Florent,

The two fees are independent and charged separately. You can check here on how fees are calculated.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

florent.herb
11 Feb 2022, 10:04

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Florent,

The two fees are independent and charged separately. You can check here on how fees are calculated.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi,

So if let's say 1000 euros of withdrawals happened the total fees would be of 150 euros? (50 euros for he MF and 100 for the PF)? 

Regards

@florent.herb

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Feb 2022, 10:22

Hi Florent,

Performance fee is charged on profits and Management fee on an annual basis. Withdrawals are not related to this. Please read the link I posted above.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

florent.herb
11 Feb 2022, 10:25

RE:

Hi Florent,

Performance fee is charged on profits and Management fee on an annual basis. Withdrawals are not related to this. Please read the link I posted above.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Thank you yes it is true sorry. 

@florent.herb

florent.herb
11 Feb 2022, 10:58

RE:

Hi Florent,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi PanagiotisCharalampous,

I have still one question. If a withdrawal occurs when the equity is not superior to its last high. The performance fee still apply? And if so to the amount of the withdrawal made? 

As for the management fees the equity and the period of the equation to take into consideration when a withdrawal occurs are:

- the equity at the moment of the withdrawal and

- the number of days since the last withdrawal?

thank you for your help.

best Regards

@florent.herb

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Feb 2022, 11:04

Hi Florent,

1)

I have still one question. If a withdrawal occurs when the equity is not superior to its last high. The performance fee still apply? And if so to the amount of the withdrawal made? 

No, we use a High Watermark model. Quoting from the link I posted

It is subject to a High-Water Mark and is paid at the end of each month of copying, so a follower never pays twice for the same performance. 

2) 

Quoting from the link I posted above

It is accrued daily and charged at the end of the calculation period (30 days since start copying). It is also charged when a follower removes funds or stops copying the strategy. 

You really need to read the link I provided :) All answers are there.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

florent.herb
11 Feb 2022, 11:24

RE:

Hi Florent,

1)

It is subject to a High-Water Mark and is paid at the end of each month of copying, so a follower never pays twice for the same performance. 

2) 

It is accrued daily and charged at the end of the calculation period (30 days since start copying). It is also charged when a follower removes funds or stops copying the strategy. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi,

I have read everything but still some things are not clear:

"It is accrued daily and charged at the end of the calculation period (30 days since start copying). It is also charged when a follower removes funds or stops copying the strategy." So the fees are charged only once per month? From the equity's last high? Also when a withdrawal occurs I don't understand how the management fee is calculated. Is it from the equity's last high also? Please enlighten me on these few points if you can...Thank you.

Best Regards

@florent.herb

florent.herb
11 Feb 2022, 11:29

RE: RE:

florent.herb said:

Hi Florent,

1)

2) 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi,

"It is accrued daily and charged at the end of the calculation period (30 days since start copying). It is also charged when a follower removes funds or stops copying the strategy." So the fees are charged only once per month? From the equity's last high? Also when a withdrawal occurs I don't understand how the management fee is calculated. Is it from the equity's last high also? Please enlighten me on these few points if you can...Thank you.

Best Regards

For the management fee: when a withdrawal occurs the next day is calculated from the equity after withdrawal?

@florent.herb

florent.herb
11 Feb 2022, 13:43

RE: RE: RE:

florent.herb said:

florent.herb said:

Hi Florent,

1)

2) 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Hi,

Best Regards

For the management fee: when a withdrawal occurs the next day is calculated from the equity after withdrawal?

When said "It is also charged when a follower removes funds or stops copying the strategy" I am let to believe that fees also apply for withdrawals but I don't understand how.

Am I correct with these examples:

- Performance Fees (PF): 10%

if initial equity at Month 0 is at 10000

M1 = 15000

M1 Performance Fees of 500 (10% of 5000), so M1 after PF is at 14500

Out of the 14500 the follower withdraws 4500 during M2. Equity at the end of M2= 12000. There won't be any performance fees for M2 am I correct? If I am not correct what would occur?

- Management Fees (MF): 10%  with the example above with MF only starting from M2 ==> MF of M2 would be calculated each day from the equity of the day if I am correct. But when the withdraws of 4500 occurs let's say on Day 10. then MF of D10 = (14500 x 10%) / 365 = 3,97

MF of D11 = (10000 x 10%) / 365 = 2,73

M2 Management Fees = Sum of the MF of each day. Am I correct with this example?

Regards,

Florent

@florent.herb

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Feb 2022, 14:21

Hi Florent,

1)

So the fees are charged only once per month?

Fees are charged

1. 1st of each month
  2. When the follower makes a withdrawal
  3. When the follower stops following a strategy
  4. When the strategy provider stops providing a strategy 

From the equity's last high?

1. Management fees are calculated using each day's EOD equity
  2. Performance fees are calculated using the period's EOD equity 

I am let to believe that fees also apply for withdrawals but I don't understand how.

Fees are not applied for withdrawals but are charged on withdrawals. It means that if you make a withdrawal, fees for the elapsed period will be charged.

Out of the 14500 the follower withdraws 4500 during M2. Equity at the end of M2= 12000. There won't be any performance fees for M2 am I correct? If I am not correct what would occur?

There will a performance fee be on the 2000 profit made in M2

M2 Management Fees = Sum of the MF of each day. Am I correct with this example?

Correct.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous