Ctrader Copy - System Executed the trade later than strategy provider - incurred loss

Created at 19 May 2021, 11:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MI

mimoMoney

Joined 15.03.2021

Ctrader Copy - System Executed the trade later than strategy provider - incurred loss
19 May 2021, 11:21

Hi,

I am copying the strategy provider Old Work of Wallstreet .

He made 2 trades while mine were entered late through no fault of my own and i therefore incurred losses while he made a winning. 

I have lost over 100$ in just 2 trades.

Below are screenshots of my transactions VS his. 

Please advise how to rectify this. 

Mine

His 

@mimoMoney
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 May 2021, 11:27

Hi Mine,

The difference is only some ms which is normal for the copying process. Deviations in entry and exit prices are expected. This is clearly explained in our EULA

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mimoMoney
19 May 2021, 11:36 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

Thank you very much for the prompt response. 

Looking at the chart at the time of entry, the entry prices in the providers history aren't possible neither are mine. Below 5 mins graph indicates that between 6 55 AM and 7 AM UTC the high was 15294 and the low was 15265 . However the entry prices mentioned in our histories are far from this range.

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Mine,

The difference is only some ms which is normal for the copying process. Deviations in entry and exit prices are expected. This is clearly explained in our EULA

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@mimoMoney

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 May 2021, 11:40

Hi Mine,

If you have concerns about the execution price, you will have to talk to your broker.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ThreeBells
03 Jun 2021, 17:43

Hi MimoMoney,

I get exact the same issues with you, with the same transactions. My broker is ICMarket, did you contact them? I contacted them, and they just give me unrelated answers :(.

And, btw, Old Work of Wallstreet, he blew aways my account, I think you should not copy him. His strategy is he will risk 80% of your capital to earning just some little money.

@ThreeBells

honeybadger
04 Jun 2021, 13:32 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

L2 Data

Ahoy,

mimoMoney said:

Thank you very much for the prompt response. 

Looking at the chart at the time of entry, the entry prices in the providers history aren't possible neither are mine. Below 5 mins graph indicates that between 6 55 AM and 7 AM UTC the high was 15294 and the low was 15265 . However the entry prices mentioned in our histories are far from this range.

I found this so intriguing that I want to offer some troubleshooting - cTrader records a market snapshot for each deal, which can be retrieved through position/deal info:

This will help you identify why you got the price you got. But I just realize this info is only available for cTrader and cAlgo, not for cCopy. In the spirit of transparency, could the Deal Info and Market Snapshot function be added to cCopy, Panagiotis?

In the end, with different brokers you get different prices, so maybe the strategy provider was just lucky to trade with some very bears or some very rookies who took his 10 lot limit order. But then again the order book shouldn't look that thin at German market opening for him to succeed with that. So it would be indeed interesting to know what happened there.

@honeybadger

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Jun 2021, 14:57

Hi Mine,

In the spirit of transparency, could the Deal Info and Market Snapshot function be added to cCopy, Panagiotis?

We can consider this for future releases. In the meanwhile, you could request this information from your broker.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous