I'm a strategy provider and I have to stop providing my strategy for a simple set up

Created at 08 Mar 2021, 18:53
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
WA

Wazzup

Joined 11.02.2021

I'm a strategy provider and I have to stop providing my strategy for a simple set up
08 Mar 2021, 18:53

Greetings,

I'm a strategy provider ( https://ct.icmarkets.com/copy/strategy/22370 ). 

I want to change my Strategy settings from '' Show positions to:  everyone ''  to    / '' Show positions to: Only my Copiers ''

I noticed that I have to stop providing my strategy to be able to this. I tried it with my other trading account.

I do not want to lose my current copiers. Is there any way I can change the strategy settings to show my positions to: Only my Copiers  , without having to stop providing my strategy ?

Dear cTrader support ( mister PanagiotisCharalampous ), please be kind and reply to me. I know we the strategy providers could change this simple settings without having to stop / restart our strategy in the past.

I only had to stop our strategy in the past if I was changing my fees in the past.

Screenshot:

@Wazzup
Replies

Chartist
08 Mar 2021, 21:12

Are you sure you haven't stolen a photo from here

@Chartist

Wazzup
08 Mar 2021, 21:47

RE:

Chartist said:

Are you sure you haven't stolen a photo from here

Dear Chartist

My question is not about the photo.

My answer to your question is: 

I do not consider the photo I put on my strategy description 'stolen'.  My intention was not to look for a photo I can steal and use it. I was simply looking for a nice photo on the internet to put it in my strategy description. 

If you can prove to me this is stealing I will gladly remove it. I'm an honest person and I don't like people who steal from others. 

I didn't even think of it that way. I'd never steal anything from anyone. 

Yes, I copied the link from the reddit page with this photo. I really like the trading desk setup.

Wish you all the best in trading dear Chartist

Regards

@Wazzup

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Mar 2021, 10:33

Hi Professional,

The next version of cTrader Copy will have an additional option in that drawdown list where the strategy provider will be able to hide the open positions from everybody. Therefore to change these conditions a restart of the strategy will be required.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

vtx101
09 Mar 2021, 20:35

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Professional,

The next version of cTrader Copy will have an additional option in that drawdown list where the strategy provider will be able to hide the open positions from everybody. Therefore to change these conditions a restart of the strategy will be required.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

not cool...how will we know when to stop copying positions from providers when they make clearly poor trades ? example: trading on red bar news !!

@vtx101

Wazzup
10 Mar 2021, 07:39 ( Updated at: 10 Mar 2021, 13:02 )

RE: RE:

arunsub321 said:

Hi Professional,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

not cool...how will we know when to stop copying positions from providers when they make clearly poor trades ? example: trading on red bar news !!

I totally agree with arunsub321 .

Live copier must know about open positions.  cTrader should make a change in strategy settings the way so we the Strategy providers can change the settings to: Only show positions to live copiers 

Me as a strategy provider would very much appreciate this.  What we really want is to hide our open positions to non copiers and our demo copiers. This is because some demo copiers (copy cats) only copy us so they can watch when we open any new positions and then they open their own strategy with exact positions that we opened. They are stealing money from us.   It's kind of ironic. We must allow others to demo copy us, because they have different brokers and results of us copying are different, so they must demo copy us firs to test if they are even making profit and so on..

My biggest wish is so I can change my strategy settings  -  Show Positions to : Only my live copiers    

@Wazzup

danishiam1
15 Mar 2021, 22:03

RE: RE: RE:

Professional said:

arunsub321 said:

Hi Professional,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Live copier must know about open positions.  cTrader should make a change in strategy settings the way so we the Strategy providers can change the settings to: Only show positions to live copiers 

Me as a strategy provider would very much appreciate this.  What we really want is to hide our open positions to non copiers and our demo copiers. This is because some demo copiers (copy cats) only copy us so they can watch when we open any new positions and then they open their own strategy with exact positions that we opened. They are stealing money from us.   It's kind of ironic. We must allow others to demo copy us, because they have different brokers and results of us copying are different, so they must demo copy us firs to test if they are even making profit and so on..

My biggest wish is so I can change my strategy settings  -  Show Positions to : Only my live copiers    

With Respect to all others. I would not want any1 to see my trades. Strategy provider should inform the copiers of the max expected drawdown. I have worked hard to trade successfully and my strategy protects my account. i would inform all my copiers that they should set a hard stop at a certain level so if the Equity is going down my stupidity and lack of knowledge doesnt destroy every1 else. We saw what happened with un protected equity with  Relax. I lost 32000 in July to ATM DREAM CAPITAL . If i cannot protect their funds i shouldnt go off trading with their money.

I VOTE  "YES" to hiding trades from every1 as i have seen people putting $1000 to copy trading and then replicating on another account to make profits. 

If some1 isnt comfortable with the hiding of trades they shouldnt copy . The Option should be there .

@danishiam1

Wazzup
16 Mar 2021, 13:37

RE: RE: RE: RE:

danishiam1 said:

Professional said:

arunsub321 said:

Hi Professional,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

With Respect to all others. I would not want any1 to see my trades. Strategy provider should inform the copiers of the max expected drawdown. I have worked hard to trade successfully and my strategy protects my account. i would inform all my copiers that they should set a hard stop at a certain level so if the Equity is going down my stupidity and lack of knowledge doesnt destroy every1 else. We saw what happened with un protected equity with  Relax. I lost 32000 in July to ATM DREAM CAPITAL . If i cannot protect their funds i shouldnt go off trading with their money.

I VOTE  "YES" to hiding trades from every1 as i have seen people putting $1000 to copy trading and then replicating on another account to make profits. 

If some1 isnt comfortable with the hiding of trades they shouldnt copy . The Option should be there .

I also vote yes to hiding my open positions to everyone or to demo copiers or non copiers. 

But having to restart the strategy just for a simple change in settings is ridiculous. We  lose all the copiers this way. I know they get an email, but not everyone will copy you back or even know how to restart copying you.

It is normal that we have to restart providing the strategy if we are only changing  the fees ( Performance fee, volume fee,.). But to restart providing a strategy just for a simple change in settings like hiding your open positions to all or to demo copiers is not ok. In order to do this we must stop providing the strategy, change the settings, and then start providing it again. We did not have to stop providing the strategy in  older versions of cTrader before 4.0 release  for such a simple change in settings.

@Wazzup