I got scammed!

Created at 23 Feb 2021, 02:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SC

ScalpTrooper

Joined 19.04.2020

I got scammed!
23 Feb 2021, 02:51

I was copying a strategy which was averaging 140% per week then all of a sudden it makes many(>30) trades at once and lose 98% in seconds. I wonder how the scammer profits with this... Also, beware that there are many scammers like these.

**** UPDATE ****

The strategy was Eu-Scaping(3%/day) and the scam was based on volume fees. In this particular case the scammer traded XAUUSD, it was not scalping, contrary to the name, but a high leverage mean reversion strategy with around 5-10 trades per day. He waited for 1 month and 14 days, blew the accounts (~1000) of whoever was copying the strategy and cashed in more than $222.000 in volume fees.

@ScalpTrooper
Replies

renatinhobsb
23 Feb 2021, 03:04

RE:

jrriemann said:

I was copying a strategy which was averaging 140% per week then all of a sudden it makes many(>30) trades at once and lose 98% in seconds. I wonder how the scammer profits with this... Also, beware that there are many scammers like these.

Was it Eu-Scalping (3% Dia)?

I believe it is something related to the volume rate that he manages to apply the fraud.

a lost $ 1300

@renatinhobsb

ScalpTrooper
23 Feb 2021, 03:11

RE: RE:

renatinhobsb said:

jrriemann said:

I believe it is something related to the volume rate that he manages to apply the fraud.

a lost $ 1300

yes! I've lost 1500 pounds, half of my account :( can't imagine how to explain this to my wife.

I understand now, they cash in volume fees. 

@ScalpTrooper

saulotav
23 Feb 2021, 03:51

RE:

jrriemann said:

Eu tambem cai no golpe, Perdi 2300,00

Como e possivel existir lucro encima de loss.

@saulotav

email.roshanw
23 Feb 2021, 04:21

RE: RE: RE:

I had the same thing.
He has done it purposely.
I think responsible people should do something about these type of scams.

It can easily identified looking at the trades he did.
VERY BAD !!!

@email.roshanw

sk45
23 Feb 2021, 08:20

RE:

jrriemann said:

Yes the same strategy provider. Blew my account completely today. This is terrible. 

@sk45

sk45
23 Feb 2021, 08:40

renatinhobsb said:

jrriemann said:

a lost $ 1300

There is a major loophole in the ctrader copy platform that the scammer strategy provider has exploited and drained our money in minutes. The ctrader/spotware should do something about this. stop the release of payment to this provider and atleast get our principal money deposited with the strategy back.

@sk45

ABSolute
23 Feb 2021, 08:50 ( Updated at: 23 Feb 2021, 08:53 )

Same here, I lost 777,91 Euro on it. Sort of luck it happened last night as I was thinking about investing a lot extra today.

I wonder why they give the option for strategy providers to charge per volume as well, it does not make any difference for the provider if they open positions of 1K or 100K.

In my opinion it only opens an easy way for fraud without an easy way to protect yourself as copier from it, for certain strategies you cant set an equity stoploss as their strategy needs a lot of "breathing" room.

@ABSolute

milanlehovic
23 Feb 2021, 09:46

What kind of bastard can make scam like this? Lost almost 80k. I can’t understand this. When he was making good traders with profit, he was profiting aswell. This was very expensive night. 

@milanlehovic

Rudy&Claus
23 Feb 2021, 10:31

RE:

milanlehovic said:

What kind of bastard can make scam like this? Lost almost 80k. I can’t understand this. When he was making good traders with profit, he was profiting aswell. This was very expensive night. 

Well you guys better dont invest in strategies with volume fees and that not passed 3 month of existance. These accounts will likely be blown, just wait for enough data over month and invest in those who are serious.

i mean why people still falling for those scammers.... its the greed of high roi. Be happy with 20-30% and a consistent trader, thats more than you will ever get regulary

@Rudy&Claus

amit1vasisht
23 Feb 2021, 10:34

I got scammed as well

I lost 2300$ as well. Will anything ctrader guys can do to recover volume fees or something ?Its a massive loss as well for me.

@amit1vasisht

milanlehovic
23 Feb 2021, 11:29

ScalpingSniper said:

milanlehovic said:

Well you guys better dont invest in strategies with volume fees and that not passed 3 month of existance. These accounts will likely be blown, just wait for enough data over month and invest in those who are serious.

i mean why people still falling for those scammers.... its the greed of high roi. Be happy with 20-30% and a consistent trader, thats more than you will ever get regulary

This is true...I’m copying more strategies with this rules, this one was bad bet. Rookie loss

@milanlehovic

ScalpTrooper
23 Feb 2021, 19:04 ( Updated at: 26 Feb 2021, 01:03 )

RE:

jrriemann said:

@ScalpTrooper

bnlf
26 Feb 2021, 00:18

RE:

EuroScalper said:

what makes you think someone can make 140%/week in trading consistently? I don't think there is anyone in the world that can make that for too long without blowing an account. 

@bnlf

ScalpTrooper
26 Feb 2021, 01:01

bnlf said:

EuroScalper said:

what makes you think someone can make 140%/week in trading consistently? I don't think there is anyone in the world that can make that for too long without blowing an account. 

That is simply not true, specially when one starts with really small amount of money. Anyway, the point being raised here is the fact that ctrader/spotware should implement ways to prevent this scam from happening again, such as freezing volume fees for a larger period of time so that scammers can be easily identified.

@ScalpTrooper

benjii_m
23 Feb 2022, 23:09

Scam ctrader ?

Sorry to write here but I can't open a ticket. If you can answer me please.

I copied a trader yesterday "dream on forex" I deposited 15k USD, today I look there is nothing and the strategy has disappeared. However, the trader had a capital of 10k usd on his trading account. And there were at least 100 followers. So I wonder if it is a scam to copytrade on ctrader? This is the second time this has happened. 

Do you advise against copytrading here? If you can answer me that's nice. Because I wonder if this platform to copy and not a scam really

The after sales service does not answer the question it is unacceptable

@benjii_m

pp1423
29 May 2024, 10:57 ( Updated at: 30 May 2024, 05:39 )

Rudy&Claus said: 

milanlehovic said:

Hi, I am New to cTrader, Could you let us know if Volume fees can be made active during the running of strategy, and immediately this scam can happen. Any information is appreciated.

@pp1423

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 May 2024, 06:23

RE: RE: RE:

pp1423 said: 

Rudy&Claus said: 

milanlehovic said:

Hi, I am New to cTrader, Could you let us know if Volume fees can be made active during the running of strategy, and immediately this scam can happen. Any information is appreciated.

Hi there,

The fees cannot be changed while the strategy is running. It needs to be stopped first.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous