Crazy ROI trick

Created at 29 Jan 2021, 15:15
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CH

Chartist

Joined 13.02.2020

Crazy ROI trick
29 Jan 2021, 15:15

So I see a lot of strategy providers are using some sort of trick to take the advantage of the cTrader ROI calculation method where it shows unrealistic ROI which helps to be placed on the first page. I've noticed most of them have their accounts with a $1 starting balance. How exactly does this work? Is cTrader going to tackle this because it looks so scammy!?

@Chartist
Replies

long.phamdinhhoang
30 Jan 2021, 12:06 ( Updated at: 30 Jan 2021, 12:07 )

Agree

As a legit strategy provider ( you can check my strategy at https://ct.icmarkets.com/copy/strategy/21154), I am so frustrated to see many other providers use this trick to be ranked at the top so they can lure copiers to copy their accounts. The sad thing is that many of them are scammers who want a quick profit through volume fee and often burn their clients accounts few days later. 

I think Ctrader should think of a new method to filter strategy providers or at least provide more filter options so that copiers can have a better idea on who they should copy.

@long.phamdinhhoang

FleX
13 Feb 2021, 18:01 ( Updated at: 13 Feb 2021, 18:49 )

Absolutely! Spotware must address this.

Having been a long-time user of MQL5 Signals which we all know is run by a bunch of scammy Russians, I thought when Spotware launched their new 'Copy' platform it would surely be at least equivalent in transparency given their "traders first" claims. I guess that's why it's got an '*' so when you read the fine print it's actually "scammers first"...

Unfortunately it appears to be working more in favour of the scammers than the genuine Signal providers and the potential subscribers trying to find them.

I think that at a minimum the trader's own balance and equity must be visible, and personally I think there should also be a minimum balance in order to be able to list as a provider. Why should someone be able to profit off subscribers if they aren't even prepared to put their own money behind their trading..? Just ridiculous..

@FleX

padik11
12 Mar 2021, 20:40 ( Updated at: 12 Mar 2021, 20:41 )

I agree with it.

Jestem również dostawcą strategii (https://ct.icmarkets.com/copy/strategy/25234). Przed udostępnieniem skopiowałem do wersji próbnej dwóch różnych traderów. Szybko skończyłem kopiowanie, ponieważ zauważyłem otwarte pozycje i byłem przerażony. Konto było opóźnione o 50%, ale ostatecznie tego dnia na plusie. Kilka dni później konta zbankrutowały.

@padik11

interinfo
14 Mar 2021, 14:19 ( Updated at: 14 Mar 2021, 23:37 )

RE: Absolutely! Spotware must address this.

FleX said:

Having been a long-time user of MQL5 Signals which we all know is run by a bunch of scammy Russians, I thought when Spotware launched their new 'Copy' platform it would surely be at least equivalent in transparency given their "traders first" claims. I guess that's why it's got an '*' so when you read the fine print it's actually "scammers first"...

Unfortunately it appears to be working more in favour of the scammers than the genuine Signal providers and the potential subscribers trying to find them.

I think that at a minimum the trader's own balance and equity must be visible, and personally I think there should also be a minimum balance in order to be able to list as a provider. Why should someone be able to profit off subscribers if they aren't even prepared to put their own money behind their trading..? Just ridiculous..

I thought I read somewhere that the traders balance and equity is visible ,no ?

@interinfo