Some many invalid closing postions which are not exists in Stratagy provider

Created at 02 Dec 2020, 09:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SR

sriFX

Joined 21.10.2020

Some many invalid closing postions which are not exists in Stratagy provider
02 Dec 2020, 09:18

Hi , 

Today I noticed there are so many trades are closed in my copy trade account which doesn’t exists at all with the strategy providers accounts (Stable1, Relax). However, all the opening positions still consistent.

Below is the details for Stable1 History on today morning , highlighted green is last closing position as per strategy provider 

In my account the highlighted green is sync with strategy provider however from that point of onwards everything is not exists in strategy provider

all the above closing postions are invalid , my copy tade account for the above is 1170225 , and I have same is with other account too 1173001 please let me know if you need details for that accont too . 

Please consider this is as hgh pririoty as it's cost me lot of money .

@sriFX
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Dec 2020, 09:53

Hi m.creku,

At a first glance, it seems like a stop out due to margin requirements. Your margin level seems very low. Did you check this with your broker?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sriFX
02 Dec 2020, 11:24

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi m.creku,

At a first glance, it seems like a stop out due to margin requirements. Your margin level seems very low. Did you check this with your broker?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

No that is not the case , I removed my equity stop loss also as mentioned my open postions with stragy provider in sync . I raised the issue now waiting for response .

@sriFX

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Dec 2020, 11:55

Hi m.creku,

The stop loss is not relevant to the stop out. Based on your screenshots, your margin level is at 96.47% even after the positions were closed. This is why I guess that this is what happened.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sriFX
02 Dec 2020, 14:14 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

Hi Panagiotis ,

Your missing a point here all my Open postions are still aligned and opened as like stratagy provider the same you can see in screen shot above (17 opening postions ).

So all these historical closed trades some kind of a bug in Ctrader copy platform. because non of these trades not exists in stratagy provider.

@sriFX

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Dec 2020, 14:47

Hi m.creku,

As I explained above, these deals might have been executed because some positions were closed due to stop out. Did you check this with your broker? Smart stop out does not close all positions if not necessary but only the part required to restore the margin. There are also other reasons that could cause deals being different between the strategy provider and the follower. You can check some here.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sriFX
03 Dec 2020, 00:36 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

Hi Panagiotis ,

Not sure what your refering all about smart stop as i mentioned this not happen for one account , the same issue also happen with Relax who is most copied and the draw down for this account may be  less than 30%  on that time .

Below are the wrong trades , which happned on the same time 

@sriFX

sutucha2004
03 Dec 2020, 08:41 ( Updated at: 03 Dec 2020, 08:54 )

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi m.creku,

As I explained above, these deals might have been executed because some positions were closed due to stop out. Did you check this with your broker? Smart stop out does not close all positions if not necessary but only the part required to restore the margin. There are also other reasons that could cause deals being different between the strategy provider and the follower. You can check some here.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi m.creku,

When you have a margin call while open many positions the broker will close a number of positions that are just enough to cover your margin and leave the remaining positions open. If you're with IC Markets like me, they will close the biggest position in the basket and leave the rest open. If your account continue to be drawn down and hit the margin call again they would again close the biggest trade in your current basket. If your drawdown was very fast they would close one by one until nothing left opened.

I think that's what Panagiotis means. When you copy make sure your leverage and account size is in line with the provider. Otherwise there would be no margin call in their account but would be margin call in your account. That maybe the reason that caused your problem.

@sutucha2004

sriFX
08 Dec 2020, 08:57

RE: RE:

Hmm received the response from broker .

The trades closed not because of margin requirement , when the stratagy provider withdraw or deposit funds from his account all the open postions will be adjusted according to his balance .

@sriFX