Calculation of Strategy Age for Copy Trades Function

Created at 10 Nov 2020, 07:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Athena

Joined 10.11.2020

Calculation of Strategy Age for Copy Trades Function
10 Nov 2020, 07:23

STRATEGY AGE==> To calculate from when provider linked account NOT when acct was traded for a better representation of performance

Hi recently i selected a strategy thats 8M old with a lot of copiers and huge amount invested. In one day of trading this signal failed with 90% drawdown and almost STOP OUT situation and I was forced to kill my own trades to stop the bleeding. I was wondering how ctrader calculate the strategy age? It should be when this provider linked to ctrader as a provider and not when account was traded. Its the similar situation and feedback which I gave to mql5.com to address many years ago, and have been corrected. This is to clearly tell subscribers on just how long the provider has linked his acct or start sharing his trading. This will enable subscribers to filter out those providers who "padded" their results by trading large volumes or a lot of trades earlier to attract subscribers and subsequently listed their accounts for copy and failing after just 1-2 months and meanwhile getting a lot of subscription fees from unsuspecting subscribers

@Athena
Replies

mr.martinnovak
13 Nov 2020, 10:06

RE:

lym1609 said:

STRATEGY AGE==> To calculate from when provider linked account NOT when acct was traded for a better representation of performance

Hi recently i selected a strategy thats 8M old with a lot of copiers and huge amount invested. In one day of trading this signal failed with 90% drawdown and almost STOP OUT situation and I was forced to kill my own trades to stop the bleeding. I was wondering how ctrader calculate the strategy age? It should be when this provider linked to ctrader as a provider and not when account was traded. Its the similar situation and feedback which I gave to mql5.com to address many years ago, and have been corrected. This is to clearly tell subscribers on just how long the provider has linked his acct or start sharing his trading. This will enable subscribers to filter out those providers who "padded" their results by trading large volumes or a lot of trades earlier to attract subscribers and subsequently listed their accounts for copy and failing after just 1-2 months and meanwhile getting a lot of subscription fees from unsuspecting subscribers

Hi Lym1609,

I'm pleading for the same fix. Unfortunately, I recently lost a lot of money due to copying similarly "fraudulent" provider strategies.

I hope someone answers this pretty crucial question.

@mr.martinnovak

PanagiotisCharalampous
13 Nov 2020, 15:28

Hi to both,

Strategy age is calculated from the moment the strategy provider starts providing the strategy.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous