Copying Strategy - IC Markets - Equity to Equity ratio failure

Created at 04 Nov 2020, 13:09
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VE

Verigottab

Joined 04.11.2020

Copying Strategy - IC Markets - Equity to Equity ratio failure
04 Nov 2020, 13:09

Hi,,

I was copying the account PhantomV0.15 (1149273)

My account 1111700 - 1:500 - IC Markets

Whilst adding funds, something I do regularly to lower the position, I have probably done this 100+ times on the platform, it caused me an instant loss upon adding funds as it will be able to be seen in my logs. I did not request a sell, only added as I normally would and it cut out 10% of my position automatically

3 trades were executed -

trades affected - (ID)

DID 67677088
DID 67677086
DID 67677087

All on the 29th Oct 2020 at 16:02

This corresponds exactly to when I added funds on 2.5k GBP

The adding of the funds has caused some of the position to be removed, never before have i experienced this when adding funds, it usually just averages the position against current price

This caused me a loss of around 4.8k GBP which has occured without me  doing anything

All I recieved from IC markets was a generic response about equity to equity ratios. This has happened to me in the past using Freedom Fund, the error occurred when the master account added/removed funds and IC markets played it off as it wasnt their fault. This time I know I am the only person affected and would like an explanation as it was a significant sum of money for me

If you need any more info no problem, let me know

Thanks

@Verigottab
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Nov 2020, 14:30

Hi Verigottab,

I am not sure what is the problem you are trying to report here. Do you disagree with the equity to equity recalculation? If yes, you need to provide some evidence why it is wrong e.g. what did you expect to happen, what happened instead and screenshots of the closing deals for which you disagree.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

winning.pips
05 Nov 2020, 22:15

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Verigottab,

I am not sure what is the problem you are trying to report here. Do you disagree with the equity to equity recalculation? If yes, you need to provide some evidence why it is wrong e.g. what did you expect to happen, what happened instead and screenshots of the closing deals for which you disagree.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

I don't want to Hijack your thread, but can someone explain what equity to equity recalculation is?   Does it affect the signal provider. or those copying? 

There seem to be a lot of complaints about this, is it just because a lot of people like me don't understand the system and end up doing something wrong?

If money `disappears`'... where does it go?

Thanks,

Peter

@winning.pips

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Nov 2020, 08:13

Hi Peter,

All you need to know about cTrader Copy is documented here. I would advise you to read all the documentation carefully before using the platform.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Verigottab
06 Nov 2020, 13:33

RE: RE:

winning.pips said:

I don't want to Hijack your thread, but can someone explain what equity to equity recalculation is?   Does it affect the signal provider. or those copying? 

There seem to be a lot of complaints about this, is it just because a lot of people like me don't understand the system and end up doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Peter

I understand now what happened now. As Phantom experienced further drawn down, he added funds, increasing his equity, this is something I overlooked when adding my own funds, which when I added caused my equity to rebalance from around 1:60 to 1:40  (Thus cutting 1/3rd of my position whilst I was in deep draw down). Just wasnt aware that It would happen until after it had.

I would be wary of using Phantom (SA Trends) on ct trader copy anyone who is reading, he isnt as honest as he comes across when talking to him on telegram

@Verigottab

winning.pips
08 Nov 2020, 14:55

RE: RE: RE:

Verigottab said:

winning.pips said:

Thanks,

Peter

I understand now what happened now. As Phantom experienced further drawn down, he added funds, increasing his equity, this is something I overlooked when adding my own funds, which when I added caused my equity to rebalance from around 1:60 to 1:40  (Thus cutting 1/3rd of my position whilst I was in deep draw down). Just wasnt aware that It would happen until after it had.

I would be wary of using Phantom (SA Trends) on ct trader copy anyone who is reading, he isnt as honest as he comes across when talking to him on telegram

So, if either the strategy provider, or the copier want to add/withdraw funds, should they .... stop copying-make the necessary changes- start copying again ?

Then the algorithm starts fresh with the new balance?

Thanks,

Peter

@winning.pips

mr.martinnovak
13 Nov 2020, 10:40

RE: RE: RE:

Verigottab said:

winning.pips said:

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Verigottab, 

I have already experienced a drawdown and partial bankruptcy with Phantom in his two strategies and while tracking his approach to trading and comparing his strategy description - he is definitely not a serious and decent provider as he introduces himself. When the users began to lose money due to his approach (when he deposited additional money, etc.), he canceled his telegram statement, then canceled the possibility of contact, changed the description of the strategy, then deleted the image showing the performance of his strategy. Just another cheater :o/

@mr.martinnovak

Verigottab
13 Nov 2020, 12:39

RE: RE: RE: RE:

mr.martinnovak said:

Verigottab said:

winning.pips said:

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Verigottab, 

I have already experienced a drawdown and partial bankruptcy with Phantom in his two strategies and while tracking his approach to trading and comparing his strategy description - he is definitely not a serious and decent provider as he introduces himself. When the users began to lose money due to his approach (when he deposited additional money, etc.), he canceled his telegram statement, then canceled the possibility of contact, changed the description of the strategy, then deleted the image showing the performance of his strategy. Just another cheater :o/

I agree very poor stuff by him to then delete his account and hide from his stats not to deter new investors, he also deleted all of my correspondence with him on telegram after the loss. Weak actions. If someone doesnt have a deep set of data to view like relax for example this is a dangerous thing to invest in

@Verigottab

... Deleted by UFO ...