Positions not copying correctly.. automatically closing? Bug?

Created at 07 Sep 2020, 10:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IN

Institution

Joined 07.09.2020

Positions not copying correctly.. automatically closing? Bug?
07 Sep 2020, 10:11

Hi guys, hope you're all well..

I have an issue which I noticed this weekend.. and that's which cTrader copy..

I had two strategies.. which were held into the weekend and past market close, this is fine as it is essentially copying the strategy provider exactly.. which is what I want.

Now here's where the issue lies..

Soon as market open.. literally 10:00.548 (500ms post market open) all positions are closed.. on BOTH strategies..

I presumed this was due to these being closed over the weekend, therefore they don't really go through until market open.. nevertheless I found it odd how TWO strategy providers did exactly the same, with different directional bias using the same pairs.. but I gave it the benefit of the doubt regardless.

This morning however I check to see whats happened... and my ROI has dropped on both of these providers... I take a look and the same positions are now re-opened.. but in a much worse position..

The odd thing is.. is when I check the actual strategy which I am copying.. it is showing a different result to when I click on his profile. I will show you what I mean below.

Caption

(ABOVE) This is an image taken of one of the strategies... notice that it closes 500ms after exactly market open? (I am GMT.. so this is 10pm)

Caption

(ABOVE) Again... a different strategy.. and different provider closed 300ms after market open.. seems a little odd..

Caption

(ABOVE) Now the following morning these positions are in a loss.. I presumed that he had opened a new set of positions which would explain everything.. however... on the next image.. it paints a different story.

Caption

(ABOVE) Look at what it actually should be... opened at exactly the same time on the 3rd... and in many pips profit.. as opposed to these positions closing.. and re-opening at a worse off price. You can find this image if rather than clicking on the left at your pop out menu.. you search for the name of the provider and click the same strategy.. scroll down and it shows you the current positions (providing you're copying the provider).

It seems that there is a bug with the COPY Trader.. whereby it automatically closes them and then re-enters them.. as I shouldn't actually be in a loss here.. I should be in 14 and 26 pips profit respectively.

I would love for you to investigate this and get to the bottom.. thankfully I only allocated a fraction of the copying capital that I intended to do so on this first week to see if there were any bugs / discrepancies.. This could be an absolute disaster if there was a significant amount allocated to the strategy.

This really does need to be rectified in all honesty.. and hopefully this can shed light on a few things before people place their money on these strategies.

@Institution
Replies

Institution
07 Sep 2020, 10:14 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

nord0n said:

Hi guys, hope you're all well..

I have an issue which I noticed this weekend.. and that's which cTrader copy..

I had two strategies.. which were held into the weekend and past market close, this is fine as it is essentially copying the strategy provider exactly.. which is what I want.

Now here's where the issue lies..

Soon as market open.. literally 10:00.548 (500ms post market open) all positions are closed.. on BOTH strategies..

I presumed this was due to these being closed over the weekend, therefore they don't really go through until market open.. nevertheless I found it odd how TWO strategy providers did exactly the same, with different directional bias using the same pairs.. but I gave it the benefit of the doubt regardless.

This morning however I check to see whats happened... and my ROI has dropped on both of these providers... I take a look and the same positions are now re-opened.. but in a much worse position..

The odd thing is.. is when I check the actual strategy which I am copying.. it is showing a different result to when I click on his profile. I will show you what I mean below.

Strategy 1 - Closed at 500 milliseconds market open.

(ABOVE) This is an image taken of one of the strategies... notice that it closes 500ms after exactly market open? (I am GMT.. so this is 10pm)

Strategy 2 - Closed at 300 milliseconds market open.

(ABOVE) Again... a different strategy.. and different provider closed 300ms after market open.. seems a little odd..

Strategy 2 - Positions re-opened in a poor position.. which currently results in a loss.

(ABOVE) Now the following morning these positions are in a loss.. I presumed that he had opened a new set of positions which would explain everything.. however... on the next image.. it paints a different story.

Strategy 2 - Providers current positions which my positions (screenshot 3 showed above) SHOULD replicate. Opened at the exact same time prior to the weekend. Mine have somehow closed and re-opened whereas what should have happened is they should still be running and entered from the original position pre-weekend.  Rather than them being automatically closed. In profit which my positions should be too.

(ABOVE) Look at what it actually should be... opened at exactly the same time on the 3rd Sept... and in many pips profit.. as opposed to these positions closing.. and re-opening at a worse off price. You can find this image if rather than clicking on the left at your pop out menu.. you search for the name of the provider and click the same strategy.. scroll down and it shows you the current positions (providing you're copying the provider).

It seems that there is a bug with the COPY Trader.. whereby it automatically closes them and then re-enters them.. as I shouldn't actually be in a loss here.. I should be in 14 and 26 pips profit respectively.

I would love for you to investigate this and get to the bottom.. thankfully I only allocated a fraction of the copying capital that I intended to do so on this first week to see if there were any bugs / discrepancies.. This could be an absolute disaster if there was a significant amount allocated to the strategy. As it would not be following the strategy providers actions.. and potentially entering you in a really poor position.

This really does need to be rectified in all honesty.. and hopefully this can shed light on a few things before people place their money on these strategies.

Deary me... it seems very difficult to see the actual screenshots due to my monitor screen size.. I will re-attempt to upload these somehow.

@Institution

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Sep 2020, 10:20

Hi nord0n,

Can you please provide better images as well as links to the strategies?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Institution
07 Sep 2020, 10:32

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi nord0n,

Can you please provide better images as well as links to the strategies?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi Panogiotis.. I have re-uploaded the images in the reply.. these should be clear and concise now.

@Institution

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Sep 2020, 11:17

Hi nord0n,

This probably happened due to equity to equity readjustment due to deposits/withdrawals taking place in your strategy provider's account. You can read more about such cases here.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous