Copy System Glitch - Posted by Provider

Created at 14 Aug 2020, 15:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

MatthewRogers

Joined 14.08.2020

Copy System Glitch - Posted by Provider
14 Aug 2020, 15:59

We provide the Freedom fully Automated Fund and have discovered a huge problem with the Ctrader internal copy ratio algorithm.

Twice now the algorithm has decided to open additional trades that our master account has not opened. Then decided to close them instantly creating losses for our followers despite us mot touching the trades on our master acvount.

Ctrader seem to be saying this is due to deposits/withdrawals into the account but i would like this investigated as i do not beleive this is correct.

We operate our master account from a £1000 balance to ensure all followers get the correct copy ration on their deposits.

Every night copy trade performance commissions are paid into the account. Obviously these are not organic growth gains so we need to withdraw these daily to keep the master accountat £1000.

Today we withdrew these commissions - ensuring to leave our master account above £1000 (the balance at which the current batch of usdjpy trades were opened) which then for some strange reason the Ctrader algorithm decided to open and close a huge batch of trades on our followers accounts closing them in a loss. Then re opening the original batch of trades.

This needs to be investigated and a solution provided asap.  

I await some communication from Ctrader on this matter. 

@MatthewRogers
Replies

MercuryGardenCapital
14 Aug 2020, 18:04

RE:

Dear Ctrader

I had these problems twice now as FreedomFx mentioned and it has cost me greatly.

I think this should be treated as a matter of urgency as I really enjoy the platform but have lost total confidence in the reliability of the trading algorithm and hence, will be withholding further investment for the time being - I'm know I'm not the only investor/copier that feels the same way.

Please do give this issue the time and investigation it needs.

Kind regards

Kyle

FreedomFx said:

We provide the Freedom fully Automated Fund and have discovered a huge problem with the Ctrader internal copy ratio algorithm.

Twice now the algorithm has decided to open additional trades that our master account has not opened. Then decided to close them instantly creating losses for our followers despite us mot touching the trades on our master acvount.

Ctrader seem to be saying this is due to deposits/withdrawals into the account but i would like this investigated as i do not beleive this is correct.

We operate our master account from a £1000 balance to ensure all followers get the correct copy ration on their deposits.

Every night copy trade performance commissions are paid into the account. Obviously these are not organic growth gains so we need to withdraw these daily to keep the master accountat £1000.

Today we withdrew these commissions - ensuring to leave our master account above £1000 (the balance at which the current batch of usdjpy trades were opened) which then for some strange reason the Ctrader algorithm decided to open and close a huge batch of trades on our followers accounts closing them in a loss. Then re opening the original batch of trades.

This needs to be investigated and a solution provided asap.  

I await some communication from Ctrader on this matter. 

@MercuryGardenCapital

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Aug 2020, 08:03

Hi FreedomFx,

As explained on another thread, whenever there are deposits/withdrawals on a strategy providing account, then cTrader Copy performs the relevant readjustments to maintain the equity to equity ratio. A future update of cTrader Copy will provide the option to receive your copying fees into a separate trading account so that this behavior is avoided.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

FxOrDie
26 Sep 2020, 17:50

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi FreedomFx,

As explained on another thread, whenever there are deposits/withdrawals on a strategy providing account, then cTrader Copy performs the relevant readjustments to maintain the equity to equity ratio. A future update of cTrader Copy will provide the option to receive your copying fees into a separate trading account so that this behavior is avoided.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi, I would like to know if this problem is already solved? I'm interested to start following a strategy on cTrader Copy but if this problem still not solved, I will not put my money into it.

@FxOrDie

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Sep 2020, 08:34

Hi FxOrDie,

The current behavior will not change as this is how it was designed to work. As written above,  a future update of cTrader Copy will provide the option to receive your copying fees into a separate trading account so that this behavior is avoided. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

howe_pete
05 Nov 2020, 11:40

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi FxOrDie,

The current behavior will not change as this is how it was designed to work. As written above,  a future update of cTrader Copy will provide the option to receive your copying fees into a separate trading account so that this behavior is avoided. 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hello PanagiotisCharalampous,

when will this update be?  It is now November... has anything happened? 

Thankyou,

Peter

@howe_pete

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Nov 2020, 12:35

Hi Peter,

The feature is under development. We do not have an ETA at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous