Freedom Fully Automated Fund - Positions NOT following strategy provider

Created at 06 Aug 2020, 12:24
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ME

MercuryGardenCapital

Joined 06.08.2020

Freedom Fully Automated Fund - Positions NOT following strategy provider
06 Aug 2020, 12:24

Hi

I recently took a large loss of 15% because the platform closed a large amount of open trades at a loss. The balance went from £2,515 to £2,203 which is roughly around a 15% loss on my ROI. It then immediately opened the exact same trades almost instantly.

I then checked the Freedom Full Automated Fund's main page and they still had the original trades open and their trades had NOT been closed at a loss and then reopened, according to the trade history log. 

I noticed they had closed a USDJPY at the same time all my USDCAD trades were closed. They closed it at a £0.03 gain but their balance went from £1,201.38 to just £25.53.

Please could anybody explain what is going on? It's a very popular system so I guess it's happened to other people as well.

Screenshots below.

Thanks 

Kyle

My History Log:

My Open Positions

Their Open Positions & History Log:

@MercuryGardenCapital
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Aug 2020, 12:33

Hi kylem-93,

Can you please tell us your broker?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

MercuryGardenCapital
06 Aug 2020, 12:33

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi kylem-93,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Sure, my broker is IC Markets

@MercuryGardenCapital

MercuryGardenCapital
06 Aug 2020, 13:15 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE: RE:

kylem-93 said:

Hi kylem-93,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Sure, my broker is IC Markets

Their balance has now went back to £1000 instantly...

Freedom Fund History

@MercuryGardenCapital

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Aug 2020, 08:12

Hi kylem-93,

The positions were partially closed to maintain the equity to equity ratio because the strategy provided made a deposit on  6 Aug at 9:40.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

MercuryGardenCapital
14 Aug 2020, 11:16

RE:

Hi kylem-93,

The positions were partially closed to maintain the equity to equity ratio because the strategy provided made a deposit on  6 Aug at 9:40.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi, 

It has happened again. My copy trading has automatically closed losing positions and then reopened them whilst the copy provider still has the positions open and unchanged. 

Please can you have a look into both Freedom Fully Automated Fund and DCFX150, its the USDJPY trade that is currently open.

If the positions were partially closed why are they still open on the copy providers account? 

Comparing number of trades this month the provider has 125 winning trades and 27 losing trades totalling 152 whereas my account has 127 winning and 50 losing totalling 177.

Surely if the copying services was working correctly they number of trades would match? 

Please let me know how to resolve this issue as its the only thing holding me back from investing more money, I can't get comfortable investing heavily if there are glitches that are losing huge amounts of capital.

Thanks

Kyle

@MercuryGardenCapital

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 Aug 2020, 11:33

Hi kylem-93,

Probably it is the same reason. Positions are closed to maintain the equity to equity ratio due to deposits/withdrawals by the strategy provider. You can read more about this here.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

MatthewRogers
14 Aug 2020, 12:22

Freedom Fully Automated

Good Morning Panagiotis.

I provide the system Freedom Fully Automated and we are not happy with what has happened today.  A batch of USDJPY trades were open from earlier in the week from a master account Balance of £1000. Around 02:00 hrs GMT copy trade commissions were paid into  the master account.  to keep the copy ration correct for our followers we need to withdraw back to £1000 each day. Today after making a withdrawal to bring the balance to £1100 the ctrader copy algortihm decided to close multiple positions of our followers causing losses for them then re open the original trades. 

kylem-93 said:

Hi kylem-93,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi, 

It has happened again. My copy trading has automatically closed losing positions and then reopened them whilst the copy provider still has the positions open and unchanged. 

Please can you have a look into both Freedom Fully Automated Fund and DCFX150, its the USDJPY trade that is currently open.

If the positions were partially closed why are they still open on the copy providers account? 

Comparing number of trades this month the provider has 125 winning trades and 27 losing trades totalling 152 whereas my account has 127 winning and 50 losing totalling 177.

Surely if the copying services was working correctly they number of trades would match? 

Please let me know how to resolve this issue as its the only thing holding me back from investing more money, I can't get comfortable investing heavily if there are glitches that are losing huge amounts of capital.

Thanks

Kyle

@MatthewRogers

MatthewRogers
14 Aug 2020, 12:25

RE: RE:

kylem-93 said:

Hi kylem-93,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi, 

Thanks

Kyle

We are also waiting for a response on this from Ctrader as we are not happy that our followers account today has not resembled the master account. We have closed no trades today on DCFX or Freedom.

@MatthewRogers

MercuryGardenCapital
14 Aug 2020, 12:28

RE: Freedom Fully Automated

Hi

Just to make you aware it also happened on the 6th August.

Is it possible for you to provide a direct email address for communication with copiers? Would love to get track record etc.

Big fan of both funds!

Thanks 

Kyle

FreedomFx said:

Good Morning Panagiotis.

I provide the system Freedom Fully Automated and we are not happy with what has happened today.  A batch of USDJPY trades were open from earlier in the week from a master account Balance of £1000. Around 02:00 hrs GMT copy trade commissions were paid into  the master account.  to keep the copy ration correct for our followers we need to withdraw back to £1000 each day. Today after making a withdrawal to bring the balance to £1100 the ctrader copy algortihm decided to close multiple positions of our followers causing losses for them then re open the original trades. 

kylem-93 said:

Hi kylem-93,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi, 

Thanks

Kyle

@MercuryGardenCapital

MatthewRogers
14 Aug 2020, 13:06

RE: RE: Freedom Fully Automated

If you join our telegram t.me/FXUKAcademy. There is contact details in the pinned message.

Kylem-93 said:

Hi

Is it possible for you to provide a direct email address for communication with copiers? Would love to get track record etc.

Big fan of both funds!

Thanks 

Kyle

FreedomFx said:

Good Morning Panagiotis.

kylem-93 said:

Hi kylem-93,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi, 

Thanks

Kyle

@MatthewRogers

mccanncaswell
14 Aug 2020, 14:32

RE: RE: RE: Freedom Fully Automated

Hi. I would also like to understand what happened here as this is affecting me too.. 

There looks like something to be very flawed about this issue!

Regards

FreedomFx said:

If you join our telegram t.me/FXUKAcademy. There is contact details in the pinned message.

Kylem-93 said:

Hi

Big fan of both funds!

Thanks 

Kyle

FreedomFx said:

Good Morning Panagiotis.

kylem-93 said:

Hi kylem-93,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi, 

Thanks

Kyle

@mccanncaswell

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Aug 2020, 07:56

Hi FreedomFx,

Automatic position opening/closing happens every time deposits/withdrawals take place on the strategy providing account. I have provided links above that describe this situation. At the moment we are developing a feature that will allow the strategy provider to receive the fees into a separate account so that this situation is avoided. It will be delivered in one of the upcoming releases of cTrader Copy.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous