Subaccount/Transparency

Created at 07 Jul 2020, 12:26
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GR

GridSurfer

Joined 08.06.2019

Subaccount/Transparency
07 Jul 2020, 12:26

It is the first time I use the cTrader Copy, so please forgive me if it is a feature and not a bug.

I linked a 10.100 Euro demo account to a strategy provider. Why is the account now showing a balance of 0 Euro?

In the desktop app I cannot see any trades, just the 0 balance account. When I go to cTrader Copy I see the trades and the correct balance, but is it completely separate?

I don't understand. Why can't I follow the trades in my desktop app? And are the funds transferred to some separate account, or what is going on?

@GridSurfer
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Jul 2020, 12:31

Hi GridSurfer,

When you start following a strategy provider, your funds are transferred into a separate subaccount and deducted from your main one. The trades are not executed on your main account but on your subaccount, which is accessible only via cTrader Copy.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

GridSurfer
09 Jul 2020, 21:12

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi GridSurfer,

When you start following a strategy provider, your funds are transferred into a separate subaccount and deducted from your main one. The trades are not executed on your main account but on your subaccount, which is accessible only via cTrader Copy.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Thanks for the info. I never looked at cTrader Copy before. 
I am very impressed with what progress the platform (mobile & desktop) have made over the past couple of years. Really good job!

An integration of cTrader Copy into the desktop and mobile will be further milestones.

@GridSurfer